Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking money from kids...my state is so stupid!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM
  • 38 Replies
The great state of Oklahoma announced today they will be charging a 3% (up to $10) a month fee on child support collection services. The recipient will be paying. Smh Up to $120/yr taken from KIDS because our state can't budget. It may not seem like much but that's 4 days worth of school lunches a month!

For the record, I don't get childsupport so this won't affect me but this has to be the dumbest thing my state has tried to get away with. I'm disgusted.
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:03 AM
That's a red state for you.
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:05 AM
It's been really bad since we've had mostly Republicans in office. I used to like this state but more and more I am beginning to HATE it. I love the people but our government sucks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's a red state for you.
Glitch202
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

surprisedWell damn!  We should just move to Texas!  Do you know why Texas doesn't fall into the ocean?

Because Oklahoma sucks! sidesplittinglaughter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
All red states suck big donkey dick....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:14 AM
Does OK require one to use their services to get child support payments?
Comprehending
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

My very very blue state charges $25/year for child support collection, charged to the recipient.  It goes back to federal law created in the Bush administration.  Fed law charges $25 per year per child support account, to fund some stupid programs including "pro fatherhood" classes in inner cities and other programs designed to "promote marriage and discourage teen pregnancy."  But the Feds leave it up to the state to decide whether the $25 is to be paid by paying parent or recipient kid.  Most states choose the easy route of ripping off the kids.

it SUCKS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:22 AM

They have always had a fee for if the CS payments had to go through the court.

Someone is doing the job of mark amount in a monus sign if necessarry and then getting the money transferred to the card.

There is no majic fairy to do this.  I thought the fee came out of the payers side.

I does for DS I think it is  $15, a transaction with the  the employer to gove to recipient.  If the gove has to step in more  the legal fees are tacked on.

marmie41
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:30 AM
No.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Does OK require one to use their services to get child support payments?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:33 AM
That's awful
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Great political republican bait post.  

Are you equally as upset about how much money you and your kids spend to support illegals?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)