Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seizure...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Can a seizure (most likely silent, unless he's having them while asleep) cause a headache on one side of the head along with a subsequent bloody nose? The bloody nose and headache coincide, if there's a headache, there's a bloody nose on the same side...
My son has a rare form of epilepsy, which is why I'm asking about a potential seizure. I am aware most of you are not doctors, but maybe somebody knows something?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beYOUtywithin_
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:10 AM

Not sure but here's a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:11 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:13 AM
Thanks for the bumps ladies.
Devilish_One
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:15 AM
I get both, and only on 1 side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Do you know if there is a cause? My sons seems to switch sides. When it first happened, it was on the right, now it's on the left. The bloody nose seems to last for about 15-20 mins, and gushes.

Quoting Devilish_One: I get both, and only on 1 side.
ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:21 AM

i do believe so, but i'm not sure - call your son's neurologist in the morning just to be sure, though - seizure or not, that sounds dangerous for him

Glitch202
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:28 AM

It is possible.  But you would be better off calling his neurologist.  ASAP

Just so you know I know of what I speak. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:29 AM
Currently, we are switching his neurologist, his current one doesn't know anything and has refused to seek outside help, or look any further into anything. My son has a genetic mutation that is linked to the type of epilepsy he has; so, it's undeniable that he does in fact have epilepsy.

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

i do believe so, but i'm not sure - call your son's neurologist in the morning just to be sure, though - seizure or not, that sounds dangerous for him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:34 AM
Thank you. Currently, we are between neurologists.. I'm in the process of switching his neurologist over to a hospital that has recently done a study on Ohtahara Syndrome, which is what my son has, because his current neurologist doesn't know anything about it and won't look any further into it...

Quoting Glitch202:

It is possible.  But you would be better off calling his neurologist.  ASAP

Just so you know I know of what I speak. 

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:38 AM

My husband has seizure brought on by migraines but never had a nose bleed with one. That is definitely something to talk to his doctor about. 

Now, my husband used to get really bad nose bleeds with his migraines but this was long before his seizures started.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)