Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you get a 2 or 3 bedroom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So here is the situation. My dd will be 18 in October. She is supposed to be going to job Corp. We have a meeting next week about it. We just moved to anither state and are currently living with my mom. I am looking for rentals. The issue is 3 bedrooms are hard to come by. There are a few but not many. I have 2 kids. Her and my 14 yr old son. I am debating if I should just get a 2 bed or a 3 bed house. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:36 AM
I would try really hard to find a 3 bedroom if it was me because I'd want my child to feel like they still had a home there, you know? But if I couldn't find one then I couldn't and I'd do what I had to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
If it's temporary, I'd go with a 2 bedroom. If it's long term, I'd get a three.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:49 AM
I would go ahead and get the 2 bedroom then start looking for a 3 bedroom while she's gone. Just make sure she knows that she will have a room for when she comes home but right now it's hard to find a 3 bedroom and that y'all need to move. Or get the 2 bedroom and make each room for the kids while you stay in the living room til she leaves then once she's gone her room becomes yours til you get a 3 bedroom.

How long is she suppose to be gone for and what are her plans for when she graduates from there?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:54 AM
Get a 2 bedroom. She's already leaving for job corp soon.
LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:58 AM

Quoting Summerlion1123: I would try really hard to find a 3 bedroom if it was me because I'd want my child to feel like they still had a home there, you know? But if I couldn't find one then I couldn't and I'd do what I had to.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:00 AM
3 bedrooms-they are too old to share a room, she wouldn't want to share with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:14 AM
I distinctly remember a similar situation happening to me when I move out for college. I lost my room and it felt like I lost my my place at home. If at all possible get a three bedroom.
(Keep in mind this happened 20 years ago and it still remember)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)