Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you throw things or scream?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

What kind of angry person are you?  Do you throw things?  scream?  or are you more like me and you just glare and give the Silent Treatment?

angry

I have also been known to yell at my kids . . . but NEVER anyone else, even my husband.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momoffour83
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:53 AM
No, I'm more adult than that; I walk away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I work out my issues through conversation, even with my three year old. Even she doesn't scream and throw things. I tend to take out my anger on productive ventures like cleaning. 

LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:57 AM
I walk away.

It's better for all involved that I go and calm down before I say something hurtful or that I'll regret later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:03 AM
With ds, I'm a yeller. I try not to be and I hate it and I'm getting so much better but yea, I yell. :(

Everyone else- I avoid arguments, fighting, etc. I get really angry but instead of it benefiting the situation or even me (to get a backbone), I stand down/instantly freeze, have a panic attack and usually ugly cry later.

Sometimes I'll do the silent treatment but it's not intentional. I need space, mentally, physically, verbally to work through what happened. but I have problems going back and revisiting what the argument was about. I'd rather ignore and act like we didn't fight but I know that's the wrong thing to do. I don't have anyone to argue with though. It's just ds and i.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I honestly can't remember the last time I was angry.
kder2456
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:07 AM
In my head. I express that anger in my head. Never outwardly. Then I journal. It helps. Meh. My coping mechanicsm works for me.
kder2456
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Really?

Quoting KendallsMommee: I honestly can't remember the last time I was angry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:08 AM
When I was a teenager I used to break things. Then I would regret it. In my 20's and 30's I screamed. Now in my 40's, since I'm older and wiser, I just say screw it.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:09 AM
No. I absolutely hate yelling and smashing things. Stems from a terrible childhood.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:12 AM
Really.

Quoting kder2456: Really?

Quoting KendallsMommee: I honestly can't remember the last time I was angry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)