Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the ever lovin' *uck?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Just a rant..

Came home this morning from work, and the dishes that were in the sink when I left for work last night, WERE STILL FUCKING THERE WHEN I CAME HOME THIS MORNING. 

So I rinsed them out and loaded them in the dishwasher.

Plus, there were no water bottles in the fridge. So I filled that. 

Yesterday morning the trash was full..so I emptied that. 

See I don't mind doing it..when others chip in..which the kids do more consistiently than dh. It's dh who doesn't. Then the kids (23,21) dig their heels in and won't either. It becomes a huge battle of wills.

I mean, idk why I'm upset, dh outright said "NO" when I asked if he'd put the dishes in the dishwasher. 

What fucking irritates me is DH who says "it's not my mess" ...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? You're fifty-fucking-one years old..'NOT MY MESS?"

When he says it I say "what are you, six?" along with something along the lines of " this is why your sons engage you in a battle of wills..because it's the lesson YOU taught them. In 26 years of marriage have you EVER heard me say, 'it's not my mess'?" "NO, you haven't."

Before Thanksgiving he'll be doing his own laundry. I fucking swear.

thanks for reading...rant over.

ETA**It's late here (morning..lol) I need to sleep so I can go back to work tonight. I'll be back on later. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:18 AM
Why do you let your grown children live there and act like that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:18 AM
Stop picking up anything that's not your mess. Let it sit until it rots. You don't clean up anything but your own stuff. That's asinine.
Johnsmom5892
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I would clean it up becasue I can't live in a mess. I would be 😡 and they would Know it.
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:22 AM
Unless you work very very part time with your husband working full-time he should be doing an equal share. And your grown kids should be doing more than their equal share if you don't charge them rent. I would just stop doing this stuff. If you want to fix something to eat wash one plate glass for whatever you need by hand and make yourself something to eat. Do only your laundry. Eventually they will figure it out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:24 AM
Kick his ass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh trust me dh knows. The problems starts IMO with dh..who starts with "it's not mine" "make the kids do it' 'why do I have to?"

He's like a fucking child...sometimes..

Quoting Johnsmom5892: I would clean it up becasue I can't live in a mess. I would be 😡 and they would Know it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:35 AM
We have rotating chores, dh knows he must do his chores & that I will not do his ,as well as mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:36 AM

I'd stay in a hotel for 2-3 weeks and refuse to come home until that time is up. Lazy butt dh would have to clean. It would be that or I'd take money out of his/our account and hire a maid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:36 AM

When dh starts acting like a child then they 'fight' back. I'm not saying it's right..but sadly this is the dynamci dh has with them.

When I ask them or leave a list they'll do it, no arguements, no fussing..just done. They'll vac, sweep, clean their rooms...they mow the lawn, and shovel snow off the back deck. They won't use the snowblower because it's limping along and they don't want it to break under their hands...which dh would blame them for...regardless of the fact it's barely moving.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why do you let your grown children live there and act like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:36 AM
Those are not kids anymore. Sounds like dh is raising some solid, responsible, productive members of society. Do they do anything g? I couldn't handle a dh like that, we would he over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)