Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you need an excuse to not have sex with your husband?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
So I was at work yesterday. And we tend to over share our personal stuff at work. We are a bunch of women who are open with each other.
So I over shared in the break room that my dh and I haven't been intimate with each other in almost a week because of a hemmoroid I have that's painful. (Thank you youngest daughter 😕)
Anyway, one of the interns piped up and said that her husband would never accept that excuse to not have sex.
Excuse me? I didn't question her and we moved on with a different conversation, but I couldn't help wondering about it.
If I'm not in the mood for sex, I say that to my dh and he accepts it.
I don't need to make up excuses.
Same for him.
That seems borderline abusive doesn't it? She can't just say "no", she has to have an excuse or what? He'll do it anyway?
I know, to each their own, but it's bugging me.
I just have to mind my own business.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:24 AM
Not abusive . Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Ok.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Not abusive . Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:25 AM
That is bizarre. I'm like you....if it's not a good time or I'm not in the mood, I just say no and he says okay. Or vice versa. My husband is never in the mood though lol....perils of getting old. Even when we were young though, he was always respectful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:26 AM
So you're kind of a "no doesn't always mean no" kinda gal, then?

God, I hope you don't have sons.

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:27 AM
Nope. I just have to say no or not in the mood and he moves along. It's only happened a couple of times but still.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:29 AM
Dh and I rarely have sex lately and it kinda sucks but between his work schedule and me being very pregnant it's just not happening as often. Neither of us feel bad or guilty that it's not happening as frequently as it used to and neither needs an excuse or to apologize for it.
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:30 AM
LOL - everything is abusive immediately.

It's just a common courtesy thing - if you decline something you usually give a reason. Your friends invite you out "I'm sorry I can't, I have a family party". You know, simple human interaction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Uh ok... Not at all what I said. But i forgot this is cm.

Quoting Anonymous 3: So you're kind of a "no doesn't always mean no" kinda gal, then?

God, I hope you don't have sons.

Notsomuch_13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Haven't had sex with DH in close to a year.. granted our reasoning are different but even before then it was months on end. I'm not that into it and he is cool with it .
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:32 AM
I'm not in the mood is a pretty good excuse in this house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)