Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They want me to sneak them meat.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I have 2 nieces and a nephew through my Sister in law (husbands brother and his wife).

We live fairly close (under a mile in a rural area)

Their ages are Niece 14, Niece 12 and Nephew 9

Their mother is a strict vegan.  These children have never had animal products in their life (or so their mother thinks).

This summer they were at my house often as we have a large pool and I have 4 children myself, they often would come over all day, or walk over after they got home from their activities to swim.

On several occasions they have asked me to give them a burger, a dog and I told them I wouldn't (i have vegan options for them at my house).

The niece came to me and told me all three have eaten normal foods at school and at friends houses and even their dad eats burgers and things when not around their mother.

She asked if they could please eat normally while at my house and I not tell their mother.

Now that school is back in I dont see them as much, but they will be spending a week at my house around thanksgiving. 

Should I do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:57 AM
If they are craving meat they could be deficient in something. I would give them meat when they are at my home. If they are already eating it at school and with their dad I don't see a problem with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:58 AM

I'd confirm with dad first that he gives them meat and then go from there. 

JustKeepsmoving
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:58 AM
I would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:01 AM
I would, but I think it's ridiculous when people force that kind of lifestyle of their children.
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:03 AM
If they're not used to it they could get pretty sick from having it, then the jig is up. Keep that in mind.
reaandiziesmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:04 AM
yes. They are old enough to chose their own diet.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Idk. My brother is a vegetarian but his dd isn't. When i stay with him i cook my boys meat. Usually i ask if his dd can have what I'm making. He usually allows it. Idk if I'd feel comfortable outright lying but i might "ahem' have the food available and turn a blind eye. The only thing that would concern me is if they became sick.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:08 AM
I would talk to their parents and tell them the issue.

I think they are old enough to decide if they want meat or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:12 AM
I would, just as I would assist my niece or nephew in pursuing a vegetarian lifestyle. If a child is old enough to make a conscious decision to eat or forego meat, they have the right to choose. Forcing them to be vegan or vegetarian is unconscionable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)