Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her necks going to break...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

According to my mil... I sent her a picture of my daughter in her car seat... she then hours later texted my husband saying that I don't support her head right that she needs something...
I use what originally came with the car seat... which is what I was told to use and to not buy the ones in the store because they aren't made for the car seat like the ones that come with it are....
The hospital never said anything upon leaving.
But she keeps going on and on about it. So I'm wondering if I should buy one now or not...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:38 AM
My son's car seat had a soft cradle for his neck. It's really helps to support their head because they can't yet.

I would buy a new seat if I can't find the head cradle piece separately.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Idk about her head but the straps don't look right. The pads should be on her chest i think. And snugger. I'm sure every car seat user will be here shortly.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Your mother in law is wrong. You don't put anything in the seat that didn't come with it. Make sure the straps are threaded in the slot that is below her shoulders.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:41 AM
It kinda cradles her head you can't really see in the photo but the grey head thing has a black middle and its further downand the grey piece is pudgier and higher if that makes sense lol. They have a car seat examiner at our hospital who examines your baby in the car seat before leaving base and all and he never said anything. The only thing she said since it's cold around here is about never placing her ina. Thick snow suit for seat belt reasons.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My son's car seat had a soft cradle for his neck. It's really helps to support their head because they can't yet.

I would buy a new seat if I can't find the head cradle piece separately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:41 AM
It does look a little oddly positioned. Maybe bring it to a fire station to get it looked at?

When my daughter was really young I had to remove the padding near her head as it was preventing the straps from being tight enough
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM
What if I can't move them down anymore? She's only 18 inches lol. They are on the last setting... I hate those shoulder pad things though :/

Quoting nmkj: Your mother in law is wrong. You don't put anything in the seat that didn't come with it. Make sure the straps are threaded in the slot that is below her shoulders.
by Baby Mama on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM
She's adorable, 😍.
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM

How many necks does she have? I only see one.

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM
You can have a car seat tech look at it. You can find them at fire stations, the hospital... Might have to do some digging around online. She's a tiny little thing!

Quoting Anonymous 1: What if I can't move them down anymore? She's only 18 inches lol. They are on the last setting... I hate those shoulder pad things though :/

Quoting nmkj: Your mother in law is wrong. You don't put anything in the seat that didn't come with it. Make sure the straps are threaded in the slot that is below her shoulders.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)