Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make my son racist?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

DS is 5 and just started Kindergarten last week. I got a call from the school saying there was an incident. DS had been pushed on the playground and split his lip open. He needed 2 stitches. 

Well the next day when we went back into school the principal was trying to figure out what happened and who did it. When the principal asked DS to describe the kid that pushed him he described him as "boy hair, brown eyes, and brown skin" 

We later did find out who did it (another student saw what happened and identified the kid who is a 3rd grader) 

Well my sister (who works in the office at the school) said that now people are talking about how my son is racist. All because he explained that the boy had brown skin. I know he wasnt being racist, he was just explaining how the boy looked. 

Would you consider that to be racist? I feel it would have been way worse if he was like "It was a mexican kid" or something. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM
A 5 year old is not a racist.
This is ridiculous.
JustKeepsmoving
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Of course not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That is ridiculous. And Mexican isn't a derogatory term any more than Canadian is.
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM
If you have adults gossiping about a five-year-old at school, there are bigger issues going on there then how your son described another student.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM
Oh My God! No!
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you son isn't racist.

What the hell is a third grader doing pushing a five year old kid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM
No.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM

No and that is just ridiculous. Those asshole people can go kick rocks, smdh

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. People are using the word so much they don't even know what it means any more. It means to make or have negative and false stereotypes about other races. HOW does identifying someone as having brown skin racist in any way? White people are identified thusly!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:07 PM
He's describing what the child looks like, brown skin isn't a bad word. It's a describing word.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)