Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently I was rude and hurt her sons feelings.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Last night DS was invited to stay over with a friend. I dropped him off at 6 and he ate dinner with them as per the invite. Around 9 DS sent me a text asking to pick him up. His friend had gone straight to his room after dinner, put headphones on, and started playing some game. When DS asked if he could play the kid told him not yet, maybe later. The kid was meeting up virtually with some friends for a mission. DS sat there for two hours waiting before he sent me a text.

I called the mom and asked what the kids were doing and she said DS was watching her son play. I then said I was going to come get him if the boys weren't actually doing anything together.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have done the same. Why did the kid invite ds over for a sleepover if he was just going to play a game alone? I can't stand rude ass kids.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell her son was rude and an awful host.
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Not sure how you were the rude one in this scenario - I wouldn't give this any of my energy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I've done the same thing.  It surprised me when it happened. I asked the kid why he invited ds over if he was going to play on line with his virtual friends and he just shrugged his shoulders.  His mom didn't say a word.  My son has never been back there and 'we' have never invited that kid over. 

Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:19 PM
I would have done the same thing. The kid was being rude. Can't understand why he wanted your son there to begin with if he was going to just ignore him.
ilovemykids323
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:22 PM

i would have done the same thing. i would have been bored out of my mind if i was your son. her son was the rude one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:24 PM
Nope her son was rude and she should've had them take turns or game up.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Last night DS was invited to stay over with a friend. I dropped him off at 6 and he ate dinner with them as per the invite. Around 9 DS sent me a text asking to pick him up. His friend had gone straight to his room after dinner, put headphones on, and started playing some game. When DS asked if he could play the kid told him not yet, maybe later. The kid was meeting up virtually with some friends for a mission. DS sat there for two hours waiting before he sent me a text.

I called the mom and asked what the kids were doing and she said DS was watching her son play. I then said I was going to come get him if the boys weren't actually doing anything together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:28 PM
Her son was being rude. You don't invite a guest over, only to ignore them. I would pick my kid up also.

On the other side I would have told my kid to either turn the game off or play something they both could participate in.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:32 PM
She's raising a very rude child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:34 PM
How old is DS?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)