Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"What do you DO all day?!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
My sister has always been jealous. She got pregnant by 3 different men and lives off of food stamps and lives in Section 8 housing.

My husband and I are fortunate. He is a doctor and a very caring person. He is fine with helping her out from time to time. I bring her groceries once a month and watch her kids a lot since I stay home with mine. Or I can have the nanny watch them all.

We just hired a British nanny so I can get more things i want to done.

When my sister found out she said I was getting lazy and asked what I do all day. My feelings were hurt but I want to find another way to help her without making her feel bad. Suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM
You are a sahm with a nanny. So what did you do all day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:07 PM

Quoting Geeez17: You are a sahm with a nanny. So what did you do all day?
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:07 PM
😁
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this
So posh.. not just a nanny but a British nanny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Meh. I'm a sahm with a nanny.

Really it's none of her damn business.

Maybe help her better herself. Schooling. Trade school. Etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:14 PM
That was rude of her to say. That being said, I have to wonder if maybe you haven't been the nicest to her, maybe a bit condescending? I mean, was your post really about how your feelings were hurt? Fine. There was really no reason to talk about her 3 kids by different men, food stamps, and section 8 housing. Anyone who has to clarify that they have a "British nanny" might not be the easiest sister to have either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Waaaah! Why isn't SHE your fucking nanny?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:16 PM
I volunteer at the soup kitchen, thrift store, homeless shelter, PTA, Girl Scout leader, go on every field trip for my kids, DAR, and am one of the classroom moms.

Quoting Geeez17: You are a sahm with a nanny. So what did you do all day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:19 PM
That's fair, but I was trying to show how her living conditions and financial situation are dire. I am worried about her. I don't mean to be condescending or come off that way. I want to help her because we are blessed and are able to but not if she insults me.

Quoting Anonymous 5: That was rude of her to say. That being said, I have to wonder if maybe you haven't been the nicest to her, maybe a bit condescending? I mean, was your post really about how your feelings were hurt? Fine. There was really no reason to talk about her 3 kids by different men, food stamps, and section 8 housing. Anyone who has to clarify that they have a "British nanny" might not be the easiest sister to have either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:21 PM
She's not the most responsible with her own children so I wouldn't do that. Plus, she has 3 kids and I have 4 so that would be too much for her.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Waaaah! Why isn't SHE your fucking nanny?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)