Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There must be another fire

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Its really smoky here today and can smell it. Yuck
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:45 PM
Yup. We are smelling distinctly of "camp fire" out today. The scary thing is how quickly you go nose blind to the smell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:48 PM
This isn't a camp fire smell.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yup. We are smelling distinctly of "camp fire" out today. The scary thing is how quickly you go nose blind to the smell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:14 PM

Mobile Photo

There is another huge forest fire near by and this time the air smells of campfire. All the mountains are smoked in. Luckily it's not raining ash this time.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This isn't a camp fire smell.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yup. We are smelling distinctly of "camp fire" out today. The scary thing is how quickly you go nose blind to the smell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:20 PM

Uck. Can't stand that. One reason I have to move the hell out of this hellhole of a state. Thankfully, today I don't have to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:24 PM
It's smoky where I am today too. Ours is coming from the Eagle Creek fire in OR. There are 60 something large fires burning in the West right now. Most are in Montana and Oregon. One report I saw says there are over 1,828,588 acres burned/burning right now. That sucks.
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's smoky where I am today too. Ours is coming from the Eagle Creek fire in OR. There are 60 something large fires burning in the West right now. Most are in Montana and Oregon. One report I saw says there are over 1,828,588 acres burned/burning right now. That sucks.

I live near Portland and I noticed it was very smoky today and smelled "burny." It hasn't for several days. Week before last, it was so smoky and ashy it burned the eyes and throat and looked like dusk all day, every day. So I wondered if today was from the same fire. I hear they are getting a handle on Eagle Creek and it is supposed to rain for several days, that will help.

Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:40 PM
I am in Seattle. It smelled awful here today, but the rain tomorrow is supposed to move it out.
Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM

I'm in the Seattle area as well - yeah, the smoke came back in with the winds from the east.  Should be fine tomorrow with the rain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)