Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you as a SAHM get no down time ever?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies
You don't have parents? Their father doesn't have alone time? The kids arent in school? It makes no sense.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thebadkitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this

There are some women I know that literally have little down time. When they mean down time it means doing nothing for an hour. Not time away from kids blah blah.

Ya some women are on the go from sunrise to sunset. Sleeping is their only down time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:12 PM
Entitlement. BM claims the same thing, as a single mom (with three other adults parenting her kids, plus family helping).

It's not a SAHM thing. It's a people thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:12 PM
Little downtime I get. There's a lady that said she never gets time alone. Does she bathe with her kids in the bathroom? I don't understand

Quoting thebadkitty:

There are some women I know that literally have little down time. When they mean down time it means doing nothing for an hour. Not time away from kids blah blah.

Ya some women are on the go from sunrise to sunset. Sleeping is their only down time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM
I think it's bs

Quoting Anonymous 2: Entitlement. BM claims the same thing, as a single mom (with three other adults parenting her kids, plus family helping).

thebadkitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM

She is an idiot then

Quoting Anonymous 1: Little downtime I get. There's a lady that said she never gets time alone. Does she bathe with her kids in the bathroom? I don't understand
Quoting thebadkitty:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM
I get plenty of time to myself. My father is deceased my mom lives thousands of miles away. My husband has alone time. They are in school - one does a part time homeschool program.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:14 PM
She has to be. Even going to the toilet is a mini break

Quoting thebadkitty:

She is an idiot then

Quoting Anonymous 1: Little downtime I get. There's a lady that said she never gets time alone. Does she bathe with her kids in the bathroom? I don't understand

Quoting thebadkitty:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:14 PM
When my kids were small, I didn't. We didn't have family near us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Well, that's a shorthand way of saying that ;)

I get zero down time, most of the time, too. But I don't complain about it. It's just my anxiety takes over if I'm still too long.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think it's bs

Quoting Anonymous 2: Entitlement. BM claims the same thing, as a single mom (with three other adults parenting her kids, plus family helping).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Ok but you showered, they napped etc. I think that's something SAHMs say to make themselves seem oh so busy.

Quoting Anonymous 4: When my kids were small, I didn't. We didn't have family near us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)