Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you lay down with your toddlers / preschoolers until they fall asleep?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
??
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:29 PM
Sometimes and 1 is 8 the other 11.

Sometimes they have nighmares, get spooked by something they saw and just need comfort and reassurance.
Its usually pretty rare, maybe 5xs a year. Or a handful of nights when they were younger and it passes and they're fine.

There are nights I get spooked and Im glad hubby is right there. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:30 PM
No, I do not.
cellomom26
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:32 PM
No, my son has fallen asleep in his room by himself since we brought him home from the hospital. I played a classical music CD when he was little.

I wouldn't have any free time at night if I trained him to only fall asleep if I was there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:02 PM
Yes. I have 3 year old twins and they will not fall asleep on their own. That goes for naps & bedtime. Seriously, they will still be awake at midnight if my husband or I don't lay down with them. I like to think it's because they are twins and have been used to someone next to them from the beginning of their existence. Hopefully they outgrow it eventually, because I have no free time to myself. But I do love the snuggles too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:06 PM

I lay down with my seven year old to go to sleep too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:06 PM
No. As infants, I put them down while they were awake and trained them to put themselves to sleep. We would say prayers, sing a song, do snuggles and "baby burritos" , then it's lights out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:06 PM

no

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that is a dangerous thing to do. If a kid is used to only going to sleep with Mommy there, they will never learn to go to sleep on their own, and teaching them to do so will be alot harder than if they never got into the pattern.

FreyaM
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:08 PM
Yes
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:09 PM

No. I rock them and read to them until they get sleepy and then I put them in bed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)