Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do...

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:42 PM
  • 39 Replies
Dh gets SSI and death benefits. I work 7 days a week, 4 hour a day except Saturday, which varies to 5 to 6 hours. Dh and I was talking and he says with my 2nd paycheck SS will probably either stop or drop his SSI. He started arguing over this and I told him the only solution is for me to quit. He says, no because then it will look like he is controlling. He kept this going until I finally ignored him, he says SSI is guaranteed and my job isn't. I told him, it isn't guaranteed because the government could take it away just like that. Then, he goes onto say that he will feel like a little worm because he isn't the man of the house. I really wanted to say, THEN GET A DAMN FULL TIME JOB! But I didn't.

He says he will divorce but live together, fuck that! He wants to divorce it will be living separate.. He says I just don't understand anything at all. Yeah, I clearly dont understand why me working is a crime. I get that he is so DEPENDANT on FREE money, I will admit that before I got ANY job thats how I was but mine was short lived.

He says that the reason why it is GUARANTEED is because he has been on it since 1989. Sorry to say, it is still not GUARANTEED!

by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you called SSA and asked them what will happen?

loveiscrazy
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:50 PM
Dh said they go by how much I make a month. But that isn't telling me what is my limit. He says if I go over the amount, for every $65 that I go over they take $2 from that.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Why do you have this problem when you take your SD's money to pay your bills?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You two have such a happy loving relationship. I wish you would tell the rest of us your secrets.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:53 PM

Read this link and I will try to find more info for you

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/incomexcluded.html

Quoting loveiscrazy: Dh said they go by how much I make a month. But that isn't telling me what is my limit. He says if I go over the amount, for every $65 that I go over they take $2 from that.
Quoting Sassy762:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:55 PM

Here is another link and try to ignore the assholes

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-income-ussi.htm

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM

You think that he could get a full time job?

I am trying to figure out that he gets SSI (why? but I get it)  and  death benefits (what does this mean?

I say you should keep working.

loveiscrazy
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM
✌✌✌✌

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why do you have this problem when you take your SD's money to pay your bills?
contrarymary7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:36 PM

Why is he getting death benefits if he's married to you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)