Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you still meet after that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
my parents haven't talked to me since my kids were placed with my aunt and uncle. I didn't think anything of it at first, we were all dealing with our own stuff. One of my sisters had her meet and greet for her baby Sunday, My parents pretty much ignored me the whole time, towards the end of the party after most of the people left I asked them what was their problem.

My dad spoke up first saying that I disgraced the family by leaving my ex, I made them look bad by not allowing them to take temporary custody of my kids but agreeing to let my aunt and uncle to take custody knowing how they feel about them, I made them look bad.

I told him that was CPS choice not to place my kids with them, I had no choice in that matter. I agreed to placing them with my aunt and uncle because I would rather have them with family that will love and care for them than strangers. and if I am a disgrace for leaving that abusive asswhole so he it. You didn't want to be involved when he was beating that crap out of me why do you care what happens now.

My mother than put her two cents in telling me I must've liked looking at my own blood, I knew what set him off, if I would have kept my mouth shut and did my wifely duties I would still have my kids and him.

I told if she was any type of mother she would want better for her daughter than to get beat and walk around like nothing happened. It didn't matter what I did, I could do everything right and he would still beat me. I told them if they can't support me or my kids becuase I want a better life for them they could stay out of our lives. I done being treated like shit by everyone.

I left after that, my sister tried calling and texting but Ignored then. She left a long message telling me how our parents didn't mean what they said, that they are really mad at themselves and not me and just to call them. My mom kept calling me all night and this morning she left a message for me to meet with her before she goes back home (they live a hour in a half away).

In texted her I am truly hurt by what they said. I went through hell with that man, my kids were taking the night I left becuase of him, I am still dealing with all the issues from he did to me, still dealing with him stalking me and threatening me. I can't forgive what they said and act like everything is ok becuase it's not and if they didn't mean it they wouldn't have said it.

She still keeps texting that she is sorry and for me to meet with her, I haven't said anything else. My sister text me she understands hurt but I need my parents and family and to please meet with my mom.

If you were in my shoes would you meet with your mother? She leaving in a hew hours. I feel that nothing will be settled I am to hurt and anything she says will go in one ear and out the other.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM

Yes..I would meet with her if for no other reason to tell her how I really feel and tell her that if she can't support me we will have no contact ever again. This type of conversation is better in person than through text. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:38 AM

You need to cut your parents out.  They are toxic and hateful.

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM
5 moms liked this
I think you need to focus on getting your kids back instead of all this other nonsense.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:43 AM

I would meet with her.  Nothing serious can be handled over text.

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM
4 moms liked this
No. The family you were born into doesn't have to stay the family you share your life with. You can create your own family. You don't need them. They sound awful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM
I have nothing nice to say, anything she says will go in one ear and out the other. I feel if they didn't mean it they wouldn't have said it. What comes out of your mouth is truly what's in your heart.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes..I would meet with her if for no other reason to tell her how I really feel and tell her that if she can't support me we will have no contact ever again. This type of conversation is better in person than through text. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Knowing she knew how horrible my marriage was I truly want to cut them off. After what she said I truly feel they don't mean my and my kids any good.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You need to cut your parents out.  They are toxic and hateful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM
I am doing everything that is asked of me. There is a lot of things out in hold where we are at right now.

Quoting nmkj: I think you need to focus on getting your kids back instead of all this other nonsense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:48 AM
That is kind of where I am at right now, we don't need anymore negativity in our lives.

Quoting CheerioHolder: No. The family you were born into doesn't have to stay the family you share your life with. You can create your own family. You don't need them. They sound awful.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:49 AM

I wouldn't meet with her. I also wonder why you don't have your kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)