Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you drink or drank alcohol....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies

was there ever a time in your life when you realized you just can't handle it anymore and/or something happened that caused you to know you need to not drink much anymore?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:29 PM
Yes. Around 40 I just felt like it was stupid. Kept fucking up my workout performance. Just lost its luster and I realized it didn't make anything better.

ETA I like to start my days early AF and alcohol
just wasn't conducive to that.
Horticulturemom
by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:30 PM
Yes. When I began losing chunks of time I stopped.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM
7 moms liked this

Yes, that's exactly what happened, and I've been sober for almost three years now.

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM
I did, I don't now because I'm pregnant. I quit not long before getting pregnant because alcohol would make my stomach cramp, doesn't matter if I took a sip or had a glass. I'm 22.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM
I've never been drunk. I do drink a little very seldomly, but I've never felt the need to over do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM
I have only drank a handful of times. I would never make it a regular thing. If you feel you're crossing a line you need to change.
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM
Nope. I always had control of it. It was never a problem. I am a strictly social drinker but I really enjoy drinking socially. I do not do it day to day to day.
OhSara87
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:33 PM
I have never allowed myself to get drunk. At home or out at a bar I have a 4 drink limit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:33 PM

same here at age 40! something happened to me at a concert and then the whole age thing made me not be able to process the alcohol as "well" as i used to. i read an article that said at age 40 some women can have hormonal changes that cause alcohol to process differently in them. 

i don't think it's fun to lose practically a whole day to recover from a hangover either. makes me feel depressed and like crap. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. Around 40 I just felt like it was stupid. Kept fucking up my workout performance. Just lost its luster and I realized it didn't make anything better. ETA I like to start my days early AF and alcohol just wasn't conducive to that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:34 PM
I had my first child at 21 and that pretty much put an end to my drinking. I rarely ever drink now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)