Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you pay for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
Hired a Cleaning crew to go through my house before putting it on the market to be sold.

Met with them today and showed them through the whole house. Told them exactly what I needed done. There were two or three things we put on the "maybe" list of everything went smoothly. And they were told specifically and directly under no uncertain terms NOT to touch the floors. Why? Because we are all all new floors installed next week.

Yes I knew they were dirty. I have had crews in painting, new construction, etc in the past few months. And other than a bit of light vacuuming I haven't made them a priority.

BUT the floors will be replaced so there's no point in cleaning them.

We talk a while and agree on a price. $600.

I ask them if they have any other questions and hung out at the house for an hour just in case they needed anything else. Then I left to go to work. All discussed before they started.

I get a message at 5pm telling me they weren't able to finish because they cleaned the floors and it took too much time away from everything else. It'll be an additional $200 to finish the job.

I asked them to leave immediately.

Now... I am on the fence as if I should pay them at all. There is still a bedroom, two bathrooms, and two living rooms they haven't even touched.

Would you pay? Clearly I won't be asking them back or giving them any MORE money. But is it wrong for me to insist they FINISH before I pay anything?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angkorsaway
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Make them finish and pay what you agreed upon? Wow, that is a huge oversight on their part. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I would only pay for what they did that I actually asked them to do.
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I would not pay them a dime unless they came and finished what we agreed upon originally and then I would pay them only the agreed upon original amount. You stated multiple times not to clean the floors.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:20 PM
I wouldn't unless I signed a contract. I wouldn't want them back in my house if I made a stink either. I wouldn't trust them. I'm find another company.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:21 PM
I'm so mad.

Quoting angkorsaway:

Make them finish and pay what you agreed upon? Wow, that is a huge oversight on their part. 

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:21 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would only pay for what they did that I actually asked them to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:22 PM
No contract. I was thinking of offering them $400 for the part they completed and calling it over.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I wouldn't unless I signed a contract. I wouldn't want them back in my house if I made a stink either. I wouldn't trust them. I'm find another company.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:23 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I wouldn't unless I signed a contract. I wouldn't want them back in my house if I made a stink either. I wouldn't trust them. I'm find another company.
angkorsaway
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:23 PM

I'd be furious too but having been in a similar situation where they backed out of all this shit that was agreed upon and said it wasn't agreed upon and pulled the language barrier card, if they'll finish, I'd go with it. Finding new people can be a hassle and you want it done.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm so mad.
Quoting angkorsaway:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM
I have another lady who is going to come meet me there tomorrow to go over it and see what she will charge to finish. Hopefully it will be a better experience with her.

Quoting angkorsaway:

I'd be furious too but having been in a similar situation where they backed out of all this shit that was agreed upon and said it wasn't agreed upon and pulled the language barrier card, if they'll finish, I'd go with it. Finding new people can be a hassle and you want it done.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm so mad.

Quoting angkorsaway:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)