Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who judge what people on food stamps buy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why? Rather they buy little Debbie or salads they are still getting the same amount of food stamps, rather they buy shrimp or chicken, it isn't going to change the amount they get. If they run out before their drop date it isn't like they get more. So why care so much what they buy? Eating better isn't going better their situation.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krislovejmt
by Pirate Wench on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:07 AM

I agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:07 AM
3 moms liked this
I like turtles
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:07 AM
8 moms liked this
I dont give a rats ass what they buy as long as the children are being fed and dont go to bed hungry at night
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

It's jealousy because they actually earn their money and can't afford blah blah blah. People need to get over themselves and mind their own business. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:10 AM
I buy junk food at times, and I'm not on food stamps
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this
This is a new and refreshing topic!
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly?  Because of nutrition.  It's supplemental nurtrition - not junk food.  If you need taxpayer money to feed yourself and your kids, fine - eat simple, nutritious food - or pay for it yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:14 AM

I don't have a problem with food stamps...My problem is people like my step daughter who goes to walmart with her friends in the middle of the night to shop without kids and are most likely stoned. She gets annoyed with me when I explain you should never leave kids home alone, she's 32 and should know better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Yeah but people get just as mad if someone on food stamps buys all organic products and healthy items too. So they just get judged all the way around no matter what they purchase. It's ridiculous.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Honestly?  Because of nutrition.  It's supplemental nurtrition - not junk food.  If you need taxpayer money to feed yourself and your kids, fine - eat simple, nutritious food - or pay for it yourself.

nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM
It's good you can get them on food stamps. The meat is so tender. Do you use the shells to make soup? :)

Quoting Anonymous 2: I like turtles
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)