Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If people working full time still need food stamps..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

they aren't the one's leeching off the government --

their employers are

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't agree. A Full time job can afford a place to live, utility bills, water bills, phone and Food!!!  It depends on the job some people need the extra help but as long as they are working I don't see the issue with them getting help where they need it. Now if they are sitting on their ass that's a different story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM
3 moms liked this
That's not true. I know many military families who need food stamps. Who don't live outside their means or have too many kids etc... when's the last time you've been to a base?

Quoting Anonymous 13: That's because much of of the military's pay and benefits aren't factored in. The only military members who truly need assistance are the ones having kids they can't afford.
Quoting Anonymous 8: We have deployed military personnel whose families qualify for assistance. It's a total disgrace!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM
That's false. Look back in time when families consisted of five or more children. They're called the greatest generation now, lol.

My maternal grandparents had 13.
My paternal grandparents had six.
My husband's maternal grandparents had 12.
His paternal grandparents had six.
My bff is one of eight.

Quoting Anonymous 14:

Yep. It's also important to not have a gaggle of kids until you can afford it. 

Quoting Anonymous 9: When people take the job they know how much they are getting an hour... of education or experience is not there.. they should get paid more just because????

Ah, the importance of education!

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

What Military pays well??

Quoting Anonymous 16: Lol, only because not all income counts as income. Military is paid well.
Quoting Anonymous 8: We have deployed military personnel whose families qualify for assistance. It's a total disgrace!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Exactly. Like 4+ kids as a brand new private.

Quoting Anonymous 13: That's because much of of the military's pay and benefits aren't factored in. The only military members who truly need assistance are the ones having kids they can't afford.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:30 AM
The US military. I don't know the details of the military pay structure of other countries.

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Quoting Anonymous 16: Lol, only because not all income counts as income.

Military is paid well.

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:31 AM
5 moms liked this
In many areas people making minimum wage can't even afford themselves.

Quoting Anonymous 10: Or maybe they shouldn't have had kids they couldn't afford.
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

You definately don't know what you are talking about. I have plenty of Family in the Military struggling. They don't pay crap!!!

Quoting Anonymous 16: The US military. I don't know the details of the military pay structure of other countries.
Quoting LuvHugs429:

Quoting Anonymous 16: Lol, only because not all income counts as income. Military is paid well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Life is different now. Each child has to have a car seat and all people need seat belts in a car. Most people don't grow their own food. Minimum wage is lower. The cost of living is higher.

Quoting Anonymous 15: That's false. Look back in time when families consisted of five or more children. They're called the greatest generation now, lol.

My maternal grandparents had 13.
My paternal grandparents had six.
My husband's maternal grandparents had 12.
His paternal grandparents had six.
My bff is one of eight.

Quoting Anonymous 14:

Yep. It's also important to not have a gaggle of kids until you can afford it. 

Quoting Anonymous 9: When people take the job they know how much they are getting an hour... of education or experience is not there.. they should get paid more just because????

Ah, the importance of education!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Or don't have kids when you're only qualified for minimum wage
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)