Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If people working full time still need food stamps..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

they aren't the one's leeching off the government --

their employers are

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:33 AM
My husband has been active duty for 16 years. I know exactly what I am talking about.

Quoting LuvHugs429:

You definately don't know what you are talking about. I have plenty of Family in the Military struggling. They don't pay crap!!!

Quoting Anonymous 16: The US military. I don't know the details of the military pay structure of other countries.

Quoting LuvHugs429:

What Military pays well??

Quoting Anonymous 16: Lol, only because not all income counts as income.

Military is paid well.

Quoting Anonymous 8: We have deployed military personnel whose families qualify for assistance. It's a total disgrace!

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:33 AM
4 moms liked this
No kidding. The government supplements about of companies who won't pay a living wage.

Then people want to cut corporate taxes and cut benefits to make up the money when the businesses are who the government is subsidizing in the first place. The common people are the ones caught in the cross hairs!

(And no, I don't get public assistance, so I am not saying this to be self serving.)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

they aren't the one's leeching off the government --

their employers are

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM
Every day for the last 7 years.

Quoting Anonymous 17: That's not true. I know many military families who need food stamps. Who don't live outside their means or have too many kids etc... when's the last time you've been to a base?

Quoting Anonymous 13: That's because much of of the military's pay and benefits aren't factored in. The only military members who truly need assistance are the ones having kids they can't afford.
Quoting Anonymous 8: We have deployed military personnel whose families qualify for assistance. It's a total disgrace!
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Then he is super lucky or has not gotten sick during any of the Wars he fought in.

Quoting Anonymous 16: My husband has been active duty for 16 years. I know exactly what I am talking about.
Quoting LuvHugs429:

You definately don't know what you are talking about. I have plenty of Family in the Military struggling. They don't pay crap!!!

Quoting Anonymous 16: The US military. I don't know the details of the military pay structure of other countries.
Quoting LuvHugs429:

Quoting Anonymous 16: Lol, only because not all income counts as income. Military is paid well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM
The US military.

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Quoting Anonymous 16: Lol, only because not all income counts as income.

Military is paid well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Don't forget the dependa, too.

Quoting Anonymous 16: Exactly. Like 4+ kids as a brand new private.

Quoting Anonymous 13: That's because much of of the military's pay and benefits aren't factored in. The only military members who truly need assistance are the ones having kids they can't afford.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Disagree, neither is.
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM
3 moms liked this
Because as such a country as we are, there is no reason for anyone to go hungry. By the government providing assistance, they are really subsidizing the ways the companies don't want to pay. If they didn't do that, they would have to pay workers more or the workers couldn't survive.

Quoting Anonymous 9: When people take the job they know how much they are getting an hour... of education or experience is not there.. they should get paid more just because????

Ah, the importance of education!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM

A full time federal minimum wage job pays $1160/month before taxes. The SNAP income limit for a 1 person household is $1287 gross monthly income. 

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Or - they had kids too soon, or too many of them.

rebal
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM
13 moms liked this
As a restaurant manager, I can't even begin to tell you the amount of well educated degree holders I have hired to wait tables because they couldn't find jobs. I even had one who was a multiple degree holder in biology and physics....yep, you guessed it. He couldn't find a job and waited tables for about three years until he finally did. Education is definitely extremely important, but that degree doesn't guarantee you a nice cushy job that pays well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)