Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If people working full time still need food stamps..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

they aren't the one's leeching off the government --

their employers are

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Replies (591-600):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 134 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Exactly. I was working 60 hours a week, 16 hour shifts, doing hard labor and some days without any sleep because my kids were home and I still needed help buying food because all of my money went to bills I had to pay. I didn't qualify though because I made too much money. Lol. Our system is messed up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Losers attract losers.. don’t be a loser!

Quoting Anonymous 133: You can't possibly be that thick..

Quoting Anonymous 9: Those men should concentrate on education .. and if they concentrate on important things and use condoms they don’t need to feed all those kids and x gf or wife!
And really wives? Lol isn’t it illigal to have more than one?! Lmao!

Quoting Anonymous 133:

Except we have this great thing called a draft, where some men are forced to take that job and still need food stamps to feed their wives and kids.

Quoting Anonymous 9: When people take the job they know how much they are getting an hour... of education or experience is not there.. they should get paid more just because????

Ah, the importance of education!

SnowKittyDemon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:59 PM
See you can play one of two arguments.

Argument one: don’t accept a job that doesn’t pay your needs. It’s your fault if you accept low wages. This is why you should have gotten an education (or more of an education). You’re previous experience is too niche.

Or Argument two: there’s no reason you should be unemployed. It’s pride to it accept any job. Some money is better than no money. Stop being prideful.

The problem is the two arguments conflict and contradict each other. It’s fine taking one of

Quoting Anonymous 9: When people take the job they know how much they are getting an hour... of education or experience is not there.. they should get paid more just because????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 135 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!! I want to know too! My husband is a veteran and he was not well paid. Not at all. My uncle wasn’t either. He received honorable/medical discharge due to a military related injury and can not live off of the military benefits he receives and it is just him and my aunt. Their son is grown!

Quoting LuvHugs429:

What Military pays well??

Quoting Anonymous 16: Lol, only because not all income counts as income.

Military is paid well.

Quoting Anonymous 8: We have deployed military personnel whose families qualify for assistance. It's a total disgrace!

SnowKittyDemon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 10:06 PM
I know more people who couldn’t qualify for government grants (school related) than those that did. Not everyone has a low enough expected contribution. And most of these people had parents who didn’t believe in funding their kids education. We had to pay for it ourselves, or wait it out to no longer have our parents income count. Which I think is 24 years old.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Yup, its totally not their fault for having kids they couldn't afford when places like the local health office or planned parenthood are available to them free of charge. It's not their fault that they failed to take advantage of getting an education through grants and scholarships or learning a trade that would allow them to support themselves and their family. 

Instead, lets blame other people. People who worked hard for their education, work hard at their job, and are able to pay their bills because they made smart decisions.... yup, makes perfect sense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 10:09 PM
Anyone with a gram of intelligence understand or just see that their parents are struggling and want to improve their lives. Get an education and further it with college.

But when dropping out of HS and expecting to get paid well flipping burgers..to support a prego gf... seriously ?! Priorities!

Quoting SnowKittyDemon: See you can play one of two arguments.

Argument one: don’t accept a job that doesn’t pay your needs. It’s your fault if you accept low wages. This is why you should have gotten an education (or more of an education). You’re previous experience is too niche.

Or Argument two: there’s no reason you should be unemployed. It’s pride to it accept any job. Some money is better than no money. Stop being prideful.

The problem is the two arguments conflict and contradict each other. It’s fine taking one of

SnowKittyDemon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 10:12 PM
Honey that’s a logical fallacy. The current workforce has the highest percent of higher education in any generation on record. Your argument has little statistical barring as it’s an issue that affects far beyond college drop outs.

Quoting Anonymous 9: Anyone with a gram of intelligence understand or just see that their parents are struggling and want to improve their lives. Get an education and further it with college.

But when dropping out of HS and expecting to get paid well flipping burgers..to support a prego gf... seriously ?! Priorities!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 133 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 10:14 PM
I'm not. You can't grasp basic concepts.

Quoting Anonymous 9: Losers attract losers.. don’t be a loser!

Quoting Anonymous 9: Those men should concentrate on education .. and if they concentrate on important things and use condoms they don’t need to feed all those kids and x gf or wife!

Quoting Anonymous 133:

Except we have this great thing called a draft, where some men are forced to take that job and still need food stamps to feed their wives and kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 11:03 PM
Then they should know what job pays and what they can and can not afford if they are so smart.

Quoting SnowKittyDemon: Honey that’s a logical fallacy. The current workforce has the highest percent of higher education in any generation on record. Your argument has little statistical barring as it’s an issue that affects far beyond college drop outs.

Quoting Anonymous 9: Anyone with a gram of intelligence understand or just see that their parents are struggling and want to improve their lives. Get an education and further it with college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 11:09 PM
If you want to make this personal it just tells me that you are part of the failure as far as job and education.

Since you seem to want to insult me for what ever reason.. I do not know any individuals that went to college and further and are underemployed.

But what ever.. I care little of those that do not invest the time into their future and have no pity if they bitch about not being able to afford things when they drop out of HS get prego and by 30 have been married 3 times and have 3 kids by 3 different fathers.

But hope things get better for you! Happy new year!

Quoting Anonymous 133: I'm not. You can't grasp basic concepts.

Quoting Anonymous 9: Losers attract losers.. don’t be a loser!

Quoting Anonymous 133:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)