Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's on the paperwork. It doesn't matter if it makes you "uncomfortable"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
My oldest daughter is 17 yrs old. She works as a paid nanny during the day for us and a neighbor. She has her 3 year old sister and the neighbors 18 month old son all day and then her 6 yr old sister after school. Yesterday, the 6 yr old was sick and had to come home from school. Which is fine. My oldest daughter is on all the paperwork to be able to pick her up. I can't just leave work. When she came in the office to sign her out the office lady refused to release the 6 yr old to her because my daughter looks very young and it made her uncomfortable. My daughter had ID and is on all the paperwork. There should have been NO issue. I ended up having to leave work and come down there and pull out the handbook and prove there is nothing that states you have to be 18 to pick you a sick child as long as you are on the paperwork and have the parents permission. My daughter is no different than any other nanny. The office lady clucked around and acted all disapproving but there is NOTHING she can do.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Why is your 17yr old not in school herself?
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree that your DD should have been able to get her sister since she is listed on the forms and had proper identification.
However, I am wondering why your 17 year old is not in school herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:12 PM

I would have called and screamed at her and whoever else until they let her leave. I don't have time for that shit. 

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:12 PM

My older kids pick up the younger ones and have never had an issues. My 13 yo looks older than my 18 yo and she still picks her up.

Some office staff really need to learn to mind their own business.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Some graduate at 17, mine did and will.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: I agree that your DD should have been able to get her sister since she is listed on the forms and had proper identification. However, I am wondering why your 17 year old is not in school herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM
She graduated online early. She has a 4 month old baby.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why is your 17yr old not in school herself?
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM
I see where they're coming from where she's a minor also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM
She graduated online a year early. She has a 4 month old baby.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: I agree that your DD should have been able to get her sister since she is listed on the forms and had proper identification.
However, I am wondering why your 17 year old is not in school herself.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Our forms specifically say emergency contacts for illness and such have to be adults. 17 doesn't qualify. Now, anyone can pick up at the end of the day as long as they are on the paperwork or the parent calls. 

And why is your child working as a nanny instead of attending school herself? 

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM

I'd be reporting her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)