Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you dont use birth control

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
And you're still able to have children, how do you keep yourself from getting pregnant?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:16 PM
We used pull out for years with no issue. I didn't even avoid sex around ovulation. We we're also okay with the possibility of an oops though. Before that we used condoms, even though the lubricants irritated me, and made me feel raw for days. After my oldest we used condoms for a while since we didn't want to risk pregnancy too soon.

When we decided to actually try I was pregnant within two cycles with my oldest, and immediately with my youngest lol. My dh has a vesectomy now, and amazingly he can never seem to pull out in time anymore.
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM
They use luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh had a vasectomy.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM

When I could get pregnant we used withdrawl and NFP. Of course we were completely okay with the possibility of an "oops" pregnancy.  I didn't get pregnant until we started actually trying.  I now have my tubes tied and have had an ablation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:22 PM
Pull out. DH and I have done it for 11 years and I've never had an unplanned pregnancy. I've never used birth control.
MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I asked my doctor when I got Essure if I could also get an ablation. Why have a period when I can't have kids? It's pointless! She said you can't just do whatever yo your body. So I can put bags of salt water underneath the muscles in my chest, I can shave off parts of the bones in my face to restructure it all in the name of vanity. But I can't not bleed out of the ol' woman hole. Dumb. Lol

(I realize women get ablations following serious issues with menstruation but people also get reconstructive face surgery after serious issues. Still doesn't prevent people from making the choice without serious medical issues)

Quoting AnnieGoolaheey:

When I could get pregnant we used withdrawl and NFP. Of course we were completely okay with the possibility of an "oops" pregnancy.  I didn't get pregnant until we started actually trying.  I now have my tubes tied and have had an ablation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:24 PM
For the past year, DH pulls out. If we end up pregnant, we'd be happy. If it doesn't happen, oh well.
FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:25 PM

I don't. I would be happy to get pregnant.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:26 PM
The last time I was knocked up, it ended up being a molar. That was 9 years ago and it hasn't happened since. I'm 42 now and I don't really see it happening.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:26 PM

Just go to a different one and complain about heavy periods.  LOL  I had mine due to heavy painful periods.  My Dr. had no issues letting me get one, especially since I had my tubes tied.  Best desion ever. I haven't had a real period in over a year.  I still get some spotting for about a day or so now and then a with some mild cramps. But that's it.

Quoting MissTuree: I asked my doctor when I got Essure if I could also get an ablation. Why have a period when I can't have kids? It's pointless! She said you can't just do whatever yo your body. So I can put bags of salt water underneath the muscles in my chest, I can shave off parts of the bones in my face to restructure it all in the name of vanity. But I can't not bleed out of the ol' woman hole. Dumb. Lol
Quoting AnnieGoolaheey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)