Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's principal called me... UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 230 Replies

Mobile Photo

**UPDATE: The principal called me again and left a voice mail saying the other boys mother wants my permission for him to send her this photo so she can show it to his psychiatrist. I don't know if I should though. What if she's equally crazy and tries to use it against me somehow? Like, tries to say it's an older bruise and calls cps on me or something? Should I allow him to send it to her or no?**

My son is 9 years old and just started 4th grade. His principal called me today and said that my son came to him and said that he and another boy kind of got into it at recess over a football. The other boy got mad because he thought my son threw the ball over his head on purpose. It apparently escalated and the other boy began kicking my son. My son covered his head so as not to be kicked in the head or face but the boy was kicking him in his back. The principal asked to see his back and said it was bad enough that he had to call me, is going to call the boy's mother and probably kick him out for a day. He then said that my son said he's fine and was acting like he and this boy are friends now.

The thing is we've had problems with this kid before. When this kid was just in Kindergarten (he's a grade younger than my son) they were in wrestling together. This kid was out of control rough when they'd wrestle. He would slam his head down, choke him and at one point he told my son he was going to kill him. I had to talk to his mom about it. I honestly think this kid is psychotic. I've never seen a child behave so frighteningly evil and aggressive at such a young age. I had hoped he'd mature and grow out of it but apparently that's not the situation.

My son wants so badly to get along with everyone that I'm afraid he is or will play this off like it's no big deal and just a little tiff between "friends" but this kid has issues. I'm afraid of what's going to happen next.

What would you guys be doing if you were me and this were your son?

(This JUST happened a couple hours ago btw and his back already looks like this so he must have been kicking the shit out of him.)
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:35 PM
34 moms liked this
I would get the police involved and press charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM
7 moms liked this
I'd call the police and cps. Sounds like there's a violent man in his life.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:38 PM
5 moms liked this
Me too. Schools aren't the best at handling stuff like this.

Quoting AjsMom0508: I would get the police involved and press charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:39 PM
5 moms liked this
I would contact authorities. Nothing may come of it now but it will be documented for future occurrences if any.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Your son needs to learn that you shouldn't always try to get along with everyone. I don't know if I'd press charges, I don't know how this kid is with other children or if it's just specifically with your son.

angkorsaway
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:40 PM
6 moms liked this

Do more than just have that kid kicked out for the day. I would call the police if for nothing else, to send a clear message to the parents of that kid that you won't tolerate their child's BS anymore. This is ridiculous! Do you know how hard he had to kick your son to create that mark? Holy shit. I'd take him to the doc too. Document everything you do. This is escalation in my opinion and has nowhere good to go.

marmie41
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I would set up a meeting with the school and make sure LE and DHS/CPS was present along with the abusers mother
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this

this.he could have internal damage.

Quoting angkorsaway:

Do more than just have that kid kicked out for the day. I would call the police if for nothing else, to send a clear message to the parents of that kid that you won't tolerate their child's BS anymore. This is ridiculous! Do you know how hard he had to kick your son to create that mark? Holy shit. I'd take him to the doc too. Document everything you do. This is escalation in my opinion and has nowhere good to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:44 PM

I'd threaten to sue the school and the parents so something is done. 

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:44 PM
4 moms liked this
I would call the police and CPS. Get this documented. That's absolutely unacceptable
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)