Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adhd..... now what?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
DD8 just got diagnosed with ADHD..... what should I expect with this new medicine?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:28 PM
Why did you jump to medicine?

Not judging. Just curious?
Momoffour83
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:28 PM
What kind is it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:29 PM
That he be mellow...what else would the medicine do?
mrsmom110
by NO on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Know that it takes time, patience and adjustments of the dosage.  You don't want to zombie him out, just help him concentrate.  I knew we found the right balance when my son said he didn't notice a difference, but everyone around him did!  lol ;p

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:44 PM
Did you change your title?
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I've never heard of that, and I'm a teacher as well as a parent with an ADHD son. Docs have never asked me what school he attended or anything like that. This sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.

What exactly would the school system get out of it, and how would "they" keep it quiet through all these years? Do you need a tinfoil hat also?

Quoting lovingladyo4:

Schools make deals with pharmaceutical companies to use their drugs so the school system conveniently decides who is ADD and then finds a way to mandate the use of these drugs. Startling and sick, I know. If you found out from a teacher, be sure to seek out the accurate assessment of a doctor. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Mine did to. I haven't decided on medication yet. We're doing karate to help him learn concentration. I'm limiting his intake of sugar. Changing his diet. We'll see how it goes.
subzero
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:58 PM
5 moms liked this

This is why parents of kids who have adhd have such a hard time. Teachers do not diagnose adhd. Doctors do specialized doctors. Just stop with this stuff

To the Op welcome aboard the crazy train, the good news is there is so much information out there about adhd. What I found helpful was watching youtube and women and men who blog about adhd. I like a woman who's name is "Miss ADHD".

And take a deep breath, my advice is don't go telling every one until you are equiped to deal with people in this thread.

Why did you jump to medication. : "Its none of your business"

ADHD is over diagnosed: Its none of your business

Its just bad parenting: Thank you for offering to baby sit my child for a month. 

Its his diet, you just fill him full of junkfood. : I'll start feeding him iced water immediately

I have two kids with adhd, diagnosed one by a pead and one by a psychiatrist. Both who had over 12 years of medical training. Both my kids are medicated and they would tell you themselves because of the fact that they can do more than they had been doing before hand. Drawing, music, being able to ride their bikes, we even managed to get them on a plane to go on a family holiday something we would never have been able to do before meds. 

Don't listen to people telling you you are drugging your child. You are giving your child prescribed medication just as parents are with kids with diabetes and migraines. I've gone off anon to give you a opportunity to message me if you want

Quoting lovingladyo4:

Schools make deals with pharmaceutical companies to use their drugs so the school system conveniently decides who is ADD and then finds a way to mandate the use of these drugs. Startling and sick, I know. If you found out from a teacher, be sure to seek out the accurate assessment of a doctor. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Where did you hear this load of bullshit?? 🤣🤣

Quoting lovingladyo4:

mompam
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't expect the medicine to solve anything. It makes it a little better, but the problems are still there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)