Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you consider this common knowledge? UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies

Go anon if you want, but I'd like your opinions. We've had a contractor rebuilding our back deck and screening in and we're not happy campers. When they were staining the boards on the ceiling they decided to stand on top of our BRAND NEW hot tub. The cover is now damaged and we're expecting them to pay for it. We had the spa company come out and they confirmed it needs to be replaced.

So… would you assume that it's okay to stand on them, or would you think that's obviously not a step stool?

UPDATE: Okay I'm going to cover a little backstory so we're all on the same page for the lawsuit. So we've had the back porch extended a little bit and covered. We had the front porch rebuilt as well. Our front porch is just a landing with 3 steps and the back porch is 12X19 I think... not massive. It's taken them three months to build, stain and screen everything in on the back and the front porch. The contract said it would take one. Our front porch has been built for a month now and they have yet to haul away the huge pile of trash. My back yard looks like a landfill- there's water bottles and trash everywhere. One of them was a smoker and threw his cigarette buts all over my front yard. These guys don't come out when they say they will and we've paid a ton for this project.  We were told over and over they'd be finished this weekend and the contractor decided to go on vacation. Anyway, the guy in charge doesn't want to pay for the hot tub, so we're taking pictures of everything and taking the guy to court. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:48 PM
Ummm it's obviously not a step stool. WTH?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Not a step stool. They damaged it, they are liable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think as a contractor you'd know better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:49 PM
Obviously not a step stool. But men don't think the same way women do
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:50 PM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't know they were so easily damaged, but I wouldn't be dumb enough to take my chances.

Like, I know tables aren't meant to be stood on, but I've taken chances with my own tables and stood on them once or twice...lol.

You don't do shit like that with other people's property.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM
Not a step stool but what the hell were they doing jumping on it? I have walked on them before with no damage
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:52 PM
Yeah. He's trying to say it's fine. It costs between $400-500. We'll take him to court if he doesn't pay.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ummm it's obviously not a step stool. WTH?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
We have pictures and it's covered in foot prints. DH wears a size 14, so they're obviously not his.

Quoting Lunarprancer: Not a step stool. They damaged it, they are liable.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:55 PM

Common knowledge.. this company should pay for the replacement cover.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:55 PM

It is obvious that you do not stand on something that is not your own equipment.

It is obvious you do not stand on a hot tub cover.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)