Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support ?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:05 PM
  • 39 Replies
My ds turns 7 next month, bd hasn't seen him since he was 2. I've never asked for child support. People tell me all the time that I should that ds is entitled to it.

I've been considering it, but I don't know xh specific address or much personal info. How would I go about getting it and is it even possible?
by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:07 PM
Do you know where he works, his SSN, any thing?

Quoting partyoffive13: My ds turns 7 next month, bd hasn't seen him since he was 2. I've never asked for child support. People tell me all the time that I should that ds is entitled to it.

I've been considering it, but I don't know xh specific address or much personal info. How would I go about getting it and is it even possible?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:07 PM

Google his name and see what pops up. But if you file for child support be prepared for him to file for visitation.

partyoffive13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I very highly doubt that he would, but I understand that it is a possibility. That's why I am unsure if I should do this.

Quoting Sassy762:

Google his name and see what pops up. But if you file for child support be prepared for him to file for visitation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:08 PM
I think you're lucky. I'd give up CS not too have my ex in my life.
partyoffive13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:09 PM
No, I just know the town he lives in and his dob.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do you know where he works, his SSN, any thing?

Quoting partyoffive13: My ds turns 7 next month, bd hasn't seen him since he was 2. I've never asked for child support. People tell me all the time that I should that ds is entitled to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM
Try to locate him, but either way you can provide your child support enforcement agency with all the info you have about him and they may be able to find him if you can't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM
Go to your local child support enforcement office and start from there. Good luck.
partyoffive13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM
That's kinda how I feel. I've just been getting a lot of pressure from others and it makes me wonder if I am doing the right thing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think you're lucky. I'd give up CS not too have my ex in my life.
partyoffive13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM
Even though xh lives in another state?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Go to your local child support enforcement office and start from there. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:11 PM
That's what I did. Life is so much more peaceful and stress free in that regard.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think you're lucky. I'd give up CS not too have my ex in my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)