Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to reach out to an old friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I haven't talk to my ex best friend in almost a year. We had a fall out due to changing. When we had the fall out her mom got diagnose with cancer. Long story short I talked her for hours after ther diagnose. My son and I both got really sick with the flu and I didn't talk to her for about 5 days. She was upset that I didn't call and felt like I wasn't there for her during her hardest times and then hung up on me.. I send her a message saying sorry and how much I cared about her and her mom and I will always be praying for her. That was the last message. So it seems like I left her at her hardest time which wasn't the case. I stayed on her Facebook and instagram until she deleted me. I haven't reached out to her since the last message (which I regret). I miss her so much :( but I scared to reach out and I don't know how.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:36 PM
Bump
Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:45 PM
Do it face to face.
partyoffive13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:46 PM
Just do it. Just message her. Say I often think of you and hope that all is well. What's the worst that could happen? At least you can say you tried
Devilish_One
by I'm Done on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Show up to her house, or buy her flowers and have them sent to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:59 PM
I think I will message her

Quoting partyoffive13: Just do it. Just message her. Say I often think of you and hope that all is well. What's the worst that could happen? At least you can say you tried
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 6:44 AM

Call her say you miss her and would like to reconnect.

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell her what you told us! You are sorry that you didn't further reach out after you recovered from the flu, and regret that action. Ask how her Mom is faring and ask what YOU can do to mend the gap between you two. She may reject it, but if you really want to mend the relationship keep trying. If you feel it has traveled its course then with one last message tell her you will always care but can't be put thru the emotional ringer of rejection.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I haven't talk to my ex best friend in almost a year. We had a fall out due to changing. When we had the fall out her mom got diagnose with cancer. Long story short I talked her for hours after ther diagnose. My son and I both got really sick with the flu and I didn't talk to her for about 5 days. She was upset that I didn't call and felt like I wasn't there for her during her hardest times and then hung up on me.. I send her a message saying sorry and how much I cared about her and her mom and I will always be praying for her. That was the last message. So it seems like I left her at her hardest time which wasn't the case. I stayed on her Facebook and instagram until she deleted me. I haven't reached out to her since the last message (which I regret). I miss her so much :( but I scared to reach out and I don't know how.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM
I wish I had her number :(

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Call her say you miss her and would like to reconnect.

jcm3
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Don't bother if she was a good friend she would have understood that you and ds was sick
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this
If she can't understand that you and your son were sick then that's not the kind of friend I would want. She sounds very selfish!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)