Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Officially CUT OFF for the next 6 months at the very least

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
I was laid off from my job in July. I decided while I was looking for work to go back to school in the evenings. I started in August. A week after I started school I was diagnosed with MS. I had been seeing a Dr for a string of weird symptoms I've been struggling with for several months. The biggest one being a severe lack of energy. As of now, it had bit progressed very far. I generally only notice symptoms if I don't get adequate rest, don't eat properly or become overheated or too cold.

Because the licensing program I am in is very demanding, we have decided that I will not continue to look for work until I have my license and can work in my chosen field.

My boyfriend's parents have become very overbearing and difficult because of this decision. They feel he is taking on too much and that I am contributing too little. I do receive child support for my kids that I use to help pay for bills and groceries. We have worked out our budget so that we can get by for the next 6 months until I finish my license without me working.

His Mom has been harassing me nonstop to either find a job and help more or quit school and apply for disability. He and I have decided together that neither are viable options and we have a plan but she will not let it go. We have finally decided that, for the next 6 months at least, his family is cut off. We won't be contacting them or visiting them or answering any phone calls. We can revisit that decision once I finish school and find a job in my field. Until then, we do not need the stress.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Why do they know so much about your finances?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

And she is all up in your business because???  Stop involving her in your finances.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this
They don't. Which is why they think he can't handle me not working. He has told them we can manage just fine. They don't believe him.

Quoting alexmom529: Why do they know so much about your finances?
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry about your diagnosis. It must be scary.

The choices you and your boyfriend make are none of his parents' business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:53 AM
They are a very "involved" family. Think family dinners almost every Sunday. Daily phone calls. Need advice? Call Mom and Dad. That kind of involved. All his siblings are.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

And she is all up in your business because???  Stop involving her in your finances.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:54 AM
Thank you. I'm adjusting to it ok. As of right now, my Drs believe it is relapsing rather than progressive which is a very good thing.

Quoting Kyndall30: I'm sorry about your diagnosis. It must be scary.

The choices you and your boyfriend make are none of his parents' business.
Punky_1981
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 7:59 AM

Tell her to mind her own business. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM
She has been told more than once. Which is why it's time to cut them off for a while.

Quoting Punky_1981:

Tell her to mind her own business. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:01 AM
Good luck, avoid sugar in any form at all costs and it will help battle your fatigue and inflammation.....as to your boyfriend's family, your business is not their business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:02 AM
Sugar doesn't seem to have much of an impact. I've discovered it's caffeine I have to avoid completely. Even the small amount in milk chocolate seems to make things a lot worse. I also have found dairy seems to impact me negatively.

Quoting Dzyre1115: Good luck, avoid sugar in any form at all costs and it will help battle your fatigue and inflammation.....as to your boyfriend's family, your business is not their business.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)