Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you encourage a kid to use the potty?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I swear potty training is going to be the death of me. She'll sit there all day but will not go in the potty.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:50 AM

bribery

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM
I tried that lol I tried stickers, small toys, candy and hell an all out shopping spree

Quoting Anonymous 2:

bribery

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:52 AM
She might not he ready, how old? The truth helped with mine, telling why we use the potty, bribery, reward, showing when I use the potty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM
She's almost 3

Quoting Anonymous 3: She might not he ready, how old? The truth helped with mine, telling why we use the potty, bribery, reward, showing when I use the potty.
Yipes-stripes
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Currently potty training too, it's the worst! Good luck to you!
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:55 AM
With my oldest, all the bribes and threats in the world didn't work. About 2 weeks before his third birthday, he decided he didn't want to wear diapers anymore and has been going in the potty since then (he's almost 8 now).

With my 3 year old, she responded very well to me bribing her with chocolate. It took about 2 weeks and by the middle of the second week, I started "forgetting" to give her the chocolate and by the end of the 2nd week, she wasn't asking for it anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:56 AM
You as well!

Quoting Yipes-stripes: Currently potty training too, it's the worst! Good luck to you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Sitting them often but not leaving them on for extended periods of time. Panties, no diapers. It's a mess but it works quickly. Atleast for my son, he was potty trained in days. I just got my daughter (20months) to pee for the first time yesterday, she seems like she will be a bit harder, they say boys are harder but I'm thinking not in my case
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Sitting them often but not leaving them on for extended periods of time. Panties, no diapers. It's a mess but it works quickly. Atleast for my son, he was potty trained in days. I just got my daughter (20months) to pee for the first time yesterday, she seems like she will be a bit harder, they say boys are harder but I'm thinking not in my case
Gwyndolyn
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM

Yes, bribery! Seriously, this is what worked. What is her "currency?" What would she work for?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)