Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overweight teachers...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies

DS started Kindergarten and his teacher is about 250+ lbs, her feet are literally so swollen she wears these slipper looking shoes that her feet  pours out of.

I can not understand how a teacher of the size is capable of handling 26 students that are 5 years old. She looks dated and tired all the time.

Also the art teacher is another 300 pounder, that sits at her desk looking the same way and the gym teacher is also overweight how an she be active with these kids?....

I hate to be the one to judge but how can they drill healthy eating habits into children and then carry themselves in such an ill way?

Before anyone says it...yes,I feel like a dick for judging but there are way too big and tired to entertain that many 5 year olds. 

Would you judge the school? teachers? would this bother you?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM
I'd prefer a fit and interactive teacher not one who sits behind a desk all day. I remember my teachers playing with us on the playground and I'd like my child's teachers to do the same.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:52 AM
4 moms liked this
No.

I don't know their capabilities until they have taught my kid for awhile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM
7 moms liked this
My girls kindie teacher was overweight. She was amazing and my kids had the best start to their school careers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd prefer a fit and interactive teacher not one who sits behind a desk all day. I remember my teachers playing with us on the playground and I'd like my child's teachers to do the same.

Glad it isn't only me! I feel awful but I just can't understand how they can be active with the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:55 AM

I always did a little happy dance inside my kids were not in the classes with the over weight teacher. I don't know their stories or anything but if you are having trouble just walking down the halls I'm not sure how you can teach a class all day. If something happened to my kid the teacher couldn't run to help them. 

Momoffour83
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM
9 moms liked this
I can't understand why it's your business; she's a grown woman.😔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM
My teenager and I had this conversation the other day. Her health teacher is hugely overweight and my teen was asking how she's suppose to be a role model of health if she can't manage her own health. We chalk it up to the person has some deeper problems than what is seen on the surface. Weight tends to be a telling sign.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM
11 moms liked this
Just because someone is overweight doesnt mean they cant be good teachers and be involved with the kids. Nothing like judging someone based on looks, what a great example you are setting for your kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM
7 moms liked this
The best teacher my son ever had was about 300 lbs. She was also a marathon runner but had a medical condition that made her overweight. She runs around, sits on the floor and does more with the students than the thin teachers. Don't judge until you know how they interact with the students.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM
12 moms liked this

Oh just shut the Hell up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)