Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in shock

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
My son said Monday morning that he didnt feel well but seemed to get better as the day went on. He went to bed as normal and woke up vomiting at 2am. Continued until about 230pm when he could finally keep fluids down. By 7 I thought he'd be on the mend but he was even worse. Went to the ER and hes diabetic. I feel shocked still.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Valentina327
by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM
I'm sorry. That has to be frightening. Glad it got caught. So many go around with the disease and don't know it.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Wow. I'm glad you got him to the ER when you did. You guys are going to be ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I am too. Thank you.

I know it's not the worst of outcomes but it feels overwhelming and huge right now.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: Wow. I'm glad you got him to the ER when you did. You guys are going to be ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
It feels huge and overwhelming right now but you're right, knowing now is better for managing it.

Quoting Valentina327: I'm sorry. That has to be frightening. Glad it got caught. So many go around with the disease and don't know it.
JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, how scary.
So glad you took him when you did.
I am sure the diagnosis is daunting, but it is so good you know. Now you can work on managing it.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:38 AM
I had a coworker who DD hadn't been feeling good, seemed like a basic cold, possible flu, but it got really bad one night so they went to the ER and found out she was diabetic and had they waited even an hour longer the little girl probably wouldn't have made it. It can be so scary when you think back on it, but now you know, good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Yes. Thats definitely right.

Quoting JustKeepsmoving: Wow, how scary.
So glad you took him when you did.
I am sure the diagnosis is daunting, but it is so good you know. Now you can work on managing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats very similar to what happened. We have one with a stomach bug and assumed thats what he had as well.
His blood sugar was over 700 when we got to the ER.

Quoting luckysevenwow: I had a coworker who DD hadn't been feeling good, seemed like a basic cold, possible flu, but it got really bad one night so they went to the ER and found out she was diabetic and had they waited even an hour longer the little girl probably wouldn't have made it. It can be so scary when you think back on it, but now you know, good luck!
karene999
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:45 AM

I know it is a shock but very glad you found out when you did. Now you can deal with it, and show your son that while it is serious he can continue to live a normal life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Im glad too.
Thank you.

Quoting karene999:

I know it is a shock but very glad you found out when you did. Now you can deal with it, and show your son that while it is serious he can continue to live a normal life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)