Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Federal Taxes, how much have you paid so far?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

I was looking at paystubs today and between dh and I have have paid 13,000 in federal taxes this year, so we will end up paying roughly 17k for the year, of which we will get about 7k back in our refund at the end of the year.

Ridiculous some say, others pay higher taxes in othe countries. Anyone else?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Around $20,000 about $25,000 by the end of the year.
kourtniebraun
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are getting such a large refund each year, why not adjust your withholding and get that refund in your check all year long?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Because kids are aging out and we'd rather not owe at the end of the year. This will be the last year claiming my oldest. Dh's oldest we shall see.

Quoting kourtniebraun:

If you are getting such a large refund each year, why not adjust your withholding and get that refund in your check all year long?

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Almost $250K.  And yeah, that's about right - we'll pay about $300K for the year.

Foxilady
by Nymph on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:30 AM
Around $20k total (taxes+social/whatever)
We receive around $3k back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:30 AM
$10303 out of mine so far, I'm not sure about DHs because I never see his pay stubs, just his W2s (he has paid more than me, though).

I paid $16142 out of my paycheck last year and we owed around $500. DH makes a bit more than me, but even with no exemptions they weren't taking enough out of his paycheck, so this year he claims zero and has a little extra take out intentionally.

Neither of us complain about taxes. We understand the necessity, enjoy the benefits, and would prefer to pay more and have universal healthcare, free higher education, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:35 AM

Ugh, if you include medicare and social security that's another 10 grand. I see the need for it, as long as congress stops the bs about ending ss.

Quoting Foxilady: Around $20k total (taxes+social/whatever) We receive around $3k back

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:35 AM
I have no idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:05 AM

None. We own a company and pay taxes at the end of the year based off of the total year profits. Our taxes are usually about 25,000 for the year. 

Foxilady
by Nymph on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I don’t mind paying taxes when they are used wisely....

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ugh, if you include medicare and social security that's another 10 grand. I see the need for it, as long as congress stops the bs about ending ss.

Quoting Foxilady: Around $20k total (taxes+social/whatever)
We receive around $3k back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)