Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"that's why I hate white people"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies

I just heard this from a young girl I sat next to on a bus. I'm white, and I had my two children with me.  She and I had an interesting conversation after that. I've never really experienced anything quite like that before, I have to say it was quite an experience.

ETA: A white woman told her that it was rude to put her bag in an empty seat on the crowded bus, that's the reason she said it. Somewhere along the way she told me she doesn't hate white people "my so-and-so is white!" lol, and we had a short conversation about how it's still not okay to say, and that if you say things you don't mean of course people will misunderstand you.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by NoName on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:49 AM
What'd you say to her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Elaborate please
eztwins
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Ok. Her prerogative
JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:51 AM
K
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:51 AM
Well that IS a conversation starter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:53 AM
8 moms liked this

Isn't funny how white people would get berated up & down if they said something like, "That's why I hate Black people.:?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:53 AM

I didn't jump in immediately. Her friends kept apologising for her and she insisted that they shouldn't, that the (white) woman seated behind us was rude. When I did address her I started with "well, I'm also white, and I've just asked you nicely to move your bag, and the next thing that happens is that you say you hate white people, my children had to hear that as well". She got defensive after that, but I think in the end she may have learned something, if not, at least I tried.

Quoting Dinimon: What'd you say to her?

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

hope everyone learned something valuable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:55 AM

I don't believe anyone has more of a right to be racist than any other person.

Quoting eztwins: Ok. Her prerogative

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:56 AM

Funny how? Do you mean that in reference to someone saying something like that it's her prerogative?

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Isn't funny how white people would get berated up & down if they said something like, "That's why I hate Black people.:?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)