Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is officially...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A United States citizen! After 20 years a permanent resident!

Edit: I realized I can't reply to all of you individually. Thank you so much for all your kind words! We are very happy and I am truly proud of him.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Replies (61-68):
Kate_gill
by Member on Oct. 30, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Congrats!kissing

iamkaylaj
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:50 PM

So, happy for you all !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:59 AM
Thank you!

Quoting iamkaylaj:

So, happy for you all !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:02 PM
Congrats
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM
Congratulations! That is wonderful
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:11 PM

How old is he and how long was he actively trying?

After dealing with my ex-husband and his family I am a firm believer every illegal that was brought here before their 18th birthday should start the process as soon as they turn 18 no ifs ands or butts.

No, I didn't know my ex and his family were here illegally until the birth of our son and all hell broke loose when we went to try to get married. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: A United States citizen! After 20 years a permanent resident! Edit: I realized I can't reply to all of you individually. Thank you so much for all your kind words! We are very happy and I am truly proud of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 4:45 PM
He was 31. He has never been here illegally. He came over legally. He has renewed his green card when he needed to (every 10 years). He didn't renew this time and instead applied for citizenship. The process took about 6 months.

Quoting Anonymous 16:

How old is he and how long was he actively trying?

After dealing with my ex-husband and his family I am a firm believer every illegal that was brought here before their 18th birthday should start the process as soon as they turn 18 no ifs ands or butts.

No, I didn't know my ex and his family were here illegally until the birth of our son and all hell broke loose when we went to try to get married. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: A United States citizen! After 20 years a permanent resident!

Edit: I realized I can't reply to all of you individually. Thank you so much for all your kind words! We are very happy and I am truly proud of him.

alexsmommy51405
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 4:46 PM

Congratulations! That's exciting! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)