Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He did WHAT?!?!?!?! UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

So I got a phone call from ds5's Kinder teacher today. This morning before class he apparently bit a kid on the hand. When I asked what led up to it she says "I don't know I wasn't there but the child (we will call him x) said ds (Christian) was laying on him and so x pushed him off of him and Christian bit him" then a few hours later he hit a kid in the face with a wooden block causing a bloddy nose. When I asked what led to that happening I get the same type of response "I don't know I wasn't watching but christian and child (we will call him z) were in the corner building with blocks and then z comes to my desk with blood all over his face and said 'I was talking to Christian and he hit me in the face with a block' so I don't really know what led up to  it." Now we have had a few issues with ds hitting but NOTHING like that has ever happened. He normally only hits if someone touches him or won't stop doing something like talking to him (he seems to get overwhelmed) or trying to take his stuff after ds has asked them to leave him alone. He is definately going to be disciplined when he gets home BUT I'm not 100% sure how to handle it bc I feel like the teacher should be paying more attention. I mean she has told me 2 things he has done today but can't tell me what led up to it other than the child's story. I am by no means saying the other children are lying or anything but why was ds allowed to "lay" on a child??? Where were the teachers or any other adult while my ds was supposedly "laying on top of" another child? She only has 12 kids in her class so why can't she pay more attention? I am just confused as to what to do bc he has never behaved like this before..

UPDATE

I knew there was more to it than what I was told by the teacher when she called. I went in after school and spoke to the teacher. SHE told me that after she called to tell me that the child went back to her to explain that it was an accident. Apparently they were picking up the blocks and my ds accidentally hit the child in the nose with the block. She said the child has nose bleeds often (not sure why she told me that part but ok whatever) and she thinks that is why his nose bled from it. The boys were actually playing together when I got there to pick up ds.

ETA:

In regards to the biting incident: Every person I asked said they never actually seen it happen. He says he didn't do it. The only person saying it happened is the child. We do NOT let him get away with hitting EVER. But the things the teacher tells me he does, just doesn't make any sense bc he's NEVER done most of them. Like, he's never bitten anyone before, EVER. The way it was explained to me was that the child told the teacher that my ds was laying on top of him in the gym before class. But ds doesn't like anyone touching him outside of family. Like freaks out if they touch him. He does occasionally hit and I've told him one day someone is going to get mad and hit him back and they might be bigger than him. He gets in trouble for hitting every single time. I also was NOT blaming the teacher. Or that's not what I meant anyway. My concern is she calls A LOT, "Christian wasn't listening in gym." Ok what was he doing? "Oh idk I wasn't in there I was just told by the other kids that he wasn't listening." Every time she calls or sees me at pick up she tells me he did this or that and when I ask about it she says "oh I didn't see it". Idk what to do. I can't punish my ds just bc his classmates say he did something.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Are you seriously blaming the teacher for your kid being out of control and violent?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Image result for takes a seat gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The teacher has 12 kids to teach. It sounds like your kid is a huge brat. You make excuses for him, which is probably half the problem.
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM
He only normally hits if....why does it matter what happened that lead up to it. Your ds hit 2 kids in one day. Obviously he is out of control with his hands. That's the issue and concern.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
So your son has no coping skills other than violence and this is the teachers fault how?
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM

yeah, that's what i got out of this too.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Are you seriously blaming the teacher for your kid being out of control and violent?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM
While I do understand what you are saying, it's coming off as you are trying to blame the teacher for not eagle eyeing your son all day.

What does your son have to say for himself?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol, can I post my bear?

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

He is too old to be hitting  - PERIOD

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Sure, I was debating between the bear and this one

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Lol, can I post my bear?

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)