Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Security object

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
Does anyone's older kiddo insist on having a security object at night. Please no bashing but dd7 has to wear a pull up to bed even though she hasn't wet the bed in 2 years! She will not go to sleep without wearing one. I have tried MANY times to take them away and not buy them but she has a meltdown if I tell her no more. She will wear one for multiple nights before throwing it out so it's not like she is going through them nightly. I know I need to pick my battles I also feel that she is too old to wear a pull up if she doesn't need to. Anyone else have a kiddo that does that or have a weird security object? HELP!! I don't know if I should allow it or simply put my foot down and tell her no more.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM
My girls are 7. They still have these crocheted blankets they've had since they were infants. They cuddle on the couch with them and have to have them to sleep.
EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:20 PM

My 19 yr old has a security item. His 16 yr old kitty (when traveling it's a pic of his kitty). An no I kid you not if his cat (or the pic) isn't with him... he can't sleep worth crap. Not sure how well that will go over when the time comes (sooner than we care to admit) to lay his sweet fur buddy to rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:25 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:27 PM
My 7 year old won't sleep without socks on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:29 PM
lol I can't sleep with anything on my feet.

Quoting Anonymous 3: My 7 year old won't sleep without socks on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:31 PM
Me either!

Quoting Anonymous 1: lol I can't sleep with anything on my feet.

Quoting Anonymous 3: My 7 year old won't sleep without socks on.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:42 PM
My new 6 year old has to sleep with the blanket monkey he has had since birth, his 3 ft sock monkey and Mickey Mouse. Then we have to turn on his fan and his camping lantern.
KoiKamsahamnida
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:02 PM

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

My 19 yr old has a security item. His 16 yr old kitty (when traveling it's a pic of his kitty). An no I kid you not if his cat (or the pic) isn't with him... he can't sleep worth crap. Not sure how well that will go over when the time comes (sooner than we care to admit) to lay his sweet fur buddy to rest.

We put the phone call into our vet today to see if we are at the point in time to need to put Lily's childhood dog down. He has cancer... lived almost 3 years past diagnosis.. they thought he wouldnt live 2 weeks. He's been a fuck of a fighter. But it may be time... very soon... we are kind of waiting to see how the next couple days go and such. I can tell Lily is going to have a hard time with it... that girl is going to lose her fucking mind when he goes. I just about lost it with my childhood cat, but man these dogs we have, they are like her brothers. :( I feel you man.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Well one of you has to be the parent and apparently the one who's melting down is winning the game. Let her have the melt down for a few nights and be done with it.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

SO let her have a meltdown.

There is no reason to enable this, it's not a security object its a diaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)