Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o 14 and pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
If your 14 year old got pregnant, what would your response be? Would you allow them to keep the baby?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heart_n_soul
by Trinity on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:14 AM

My response would be horror. Either I failed my child because they were willingly sexually active and didn't take precautions at that age, or someone hurt them. 

As far as the baby, that would be their decision. Just because they are a minor doesn't mean they don't have the right to determine what happens, if they want to abort or parent, or adopt with the father's consent, depending on the situation. I got pregnant at 14, and I made the decision to keep my son. I would do whatever my child needed to overcome the difficulties such a situation brings, and to rectify whatever it is that led to it happening in the first place.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, abortion will never be an option in my household. I would help them in any way that I could or I would adopt the baby myself. I wouldn't want my grandchild killed or adopted out to strangers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I would be livid. And talk to her about how she will ruin her life if she keeps that baby. Kids should NOT have kids. That's why this world is so fucked up. That baby needs a stable life with working adult parents, something she cannot give. Abort and do your child a favor. She will always resent that baby if she keeps it. Kids need to be kids..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Abortion.   No 14 yr old of mine would ever have gotten pregnant though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:51 AM
14, depending on state law, there would be nothing you could do, really. You have no say if the teen wanted to abort or keep the baby.
Quakercaoimhe
by Esperantisto on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:56 AM

I'd talk to her about her options and have her talk to a professional in a clinical setting so she can better understand the situation and make a good choice. She'd have my support.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 4:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I would strongly suggest abortion.  There is no way I would raise the baby - hell my son was 13 when my youngest child was born!

And long before my kids were that age, they knew my views on abortion, they knew my views on teenage pregnancy.  And by that age, they had goals in life, and the WEREN'T to become a teenage mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:02 AM
Wow, I would be shocked and have to make some decision.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 6:18 AM
I would question my ability to parent. There is ZERO way my 14 year old, while at home under my supervision would have the ability to be in a situation to get pregnant. Meaning I would know the people she is ha gong with and would be aware of the signs of inappropriate activity. School etc. that would be on those adults.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If your 14 year old got pregnant, what would your response be? Would you allow them to keep the baby?
Sac555
by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM

When our 17 year old  high school daughter got pregnant we were shocked...she kept the baby, and it's turned out fine, but she sure went through some hard times until just recently getting married. (now 24) We talked to her about the options, and being adopted, she knew that was a good option too. ( she doesn't believe in abortion, because she knows how blessed she is that her birthmom did not abort her). However, she didnt want to place the baby for adoption either. Given her age, I suppose you would be raising the baby even if she thinks she will be. That is something you should consider, but no matter what, I'd be very hesitant in giving abortion as an option. It can really mess them up emotionally and physically in some cases. Life is always to be celebrated, and there are adoption centers where she can choose her parents and even keep up with them if that is pre decided. (I'd recommend not to keep up for the child's sake ...or at least that was best for us) Prayers for you to have the right decision!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)