Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really don't care about his style.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I have 5 kids. The weather is changing, and they all need new hoodies, jackets, hats, gloves, etc. I don't have the time to take each individual kid out shopping, so they kinda just have to get what I give them. None of them really care except ODS (14). He can't stand anything trendy, and threw a mini hissyfit last year when I did their back to school shopping at Abercrombie. So this year I tried to get him plain hoodies with no frills or logos, just like he likes. I bought him 7 hoodies yesterday, and he complained about ALL of them. Plain hoodies. And he was still complaining. This one has spots (heathered material), this one has lines (another heathered material), this one is checkered (blended fabric colors), this ones is striped, that one has darker sleeves, etc, etc, etc. I was willing to return one or two of them if he didn't like them, but I changed my mind after all that. He can take them or leave them, but I'm not buying him any more this year. This is ridiculous.

That's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
7 hoodies??? I love hoodies but why so many? I only need two. One to wear while the other is in the wash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
No, what is ridiculous is that at 14 you can't let him pick out his own clothing. Sorry but I am a single mom of 4 working two jobs and still manage to let my kids pick out what they like since it is them that has to wear it.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

They don't sound plain at all.  Just get him solid colored hoodie.  No checkers etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM
We live in the PNW. It's hoodie season almost year round, so there needs to be more in the rotation.

Quoting dragonborn: 7 hoodies??? I love hoodies but why so many? I only need two. One to wear while the other is in the wash.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Shop online and let him pick his own shit. You save time and he gets what he likes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I would let a 14yo pick his own clothes out, personally.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM

Exactly.  If I was so pressed for time I would tell my 14 year old to look up clothing on the internet and write down the style number and the shop.  I would then look for something similar or get the item at the shop where he found it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No, what is ridiculous is that at 14 you can't let him pick out his own clothing. Sorry but I am a single mom of 4 working two jobs and still manage to let my kids pick out what they like since it is them that has to wear it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM

so take them back to the store, and tell him to be cold...that's what i would do with a spoiled rotten BRAT like that who is disrespectful and doesn't appreciate a fucking thing

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM
Then let him pick out. Give him money, say each has to be under a certain amount, and let him choose. Or shop online. He's 14 years old and is definitely old enough to choose his own.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We live in the PNW. It's hoodie season almost year round, so there needs to be more in the rotation.

Quoting dragonborn: 7 hoodies??? I love hoodies but why so many? I only need two. One to wear while the other is in the wash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
OK, so you try being forced to wear things that aren't your preference.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)