Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do i have to live in fear for the rest of my life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Ok story is I divorced a narc abusive man who also abused drugs. We have two small children. I thought the fear I have of him would dissipate after the divorce and after I was granted full legal and physical custody with the court deciding he would not receive visitation rights at this time. But no I worry the same amount. I don't talk to him or follow his social media but my friends have told me they've heard he's trying to better himself so he can see the kids. Now this scared me. Bc its been six months since we've seen or heard of him, no child support received, etc. And he has done bad bad things. I am afraid for my kids. I am constantly afraid that I will go to their school and they not be there and the teachers tell me that their dad picked them up. I am afraid that he'll be banging down our door one day demanding them. The youngest I'm sure doesn't even remember his dad. He was six months old when we left.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM

Sounds like time to relocate

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
So inform the school that nobody is allowed to take the kids out except you.

Lock your doors and get a gun.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

So, with full legal and physical custody, I would move FAR away.  Like at least several states away.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
It sounds like PTSD. Have you been in therapy ?
boymom619
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
#1 get a restraining order
#2 take him off the pick up list at school
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM
I haven't. I probably need to

Quoting owl0210: It sounds like PTSD. Have you been in therapy ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:41 AM
He is off the school pick up list. The only ones on it are me and my mom. But they've been known to make accidents

Quoting boymom619: #1 get a restraining order
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM

I would, yes. At least until the kids are 18. But I'm paranoid to begin with. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:44 AM

so inform the school if they make the 'accident' of sending your kids with the father, they will have blood on their hands, and the media too

Quoting Anonymous 1: He is off the school pick up list. The only ones on it are me and my mom. But they've been known to make accidents
Quoting boymom619: #1 get a restraining order #2 take him off the pick up list at school

boymom619
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:11 AM
Huh Well That sucks. In order to pick up from our school you have to show your ID and they look up the students profile to make sure they are authorized

Quoting Anonymous 1: He is off the school pick up list. The only ones on it are me and my mom. But they've been known to make accidents

Quoting boymom619: #1 get a restraining order
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)