Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG my SD....

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
Is so awesome! Lol she moved in with us in May after we moved closer to her and chose to go to community college nearby before university. She babysat for a friend of the family all summer, turned 18 in July and started classes in August. She's going full time so some days she doesn't get home til after my other girls get off the bus from jr/high school. This girl spends all day at school gets home sees I'm starting dinner and just starts peeling potatoes, no questions. Then when she's done she helped my oldest DD with her math homework! I'm definitely gonna miss her when she moves out!
by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Nice to see a positive post about step kids.

Damn_Pixi
by Morgie on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I love that hair color in your Avi lol

and that is awesome that she is such a great kid!

new2this09
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome!!!

My SD is only 13 but super helpful. She lives across the country from us but when she visits it sure is nice. She offers to help put away groceries, to help with dinner, and she's just nice company to have around.

My SS is 11. He's into hiding out in his room and has to be nagged to help with stuff. We don't ask too much of the skids other than keeping their rooms and their bathroom clean/neat, and cleaning up after themselves. SS is a sweet kid but really is a momma's boy and wolf probably rather stay with her if given the choice.
luvmy002girls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! It's a neon purple over a bright magenta. I'm loving it right now!

Quoting Damn_Pixi:

I love that hair color in your Avi lol

and that is awesome that she is such a great kid!

luvmy002girls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My SS is pretty similar when he's over lol he'll be 17 next month though so he's finally working his way out of that moodiness, unless you ask him to clean something!

We have 4 girls living with us 2 are my DDs and 2 are my SDs the only one that is expected less of is the 18 year old, after all she is an adult in college. But as I said she is super helpful. They're all great kids actually, we complain at home and then go out in public and get reminded of how great they actually are!

Quoting new2this09: That's awesome!!!

My SD is only 13 but super helpful. She lives across the country from us but when she visits it sure is nice. She offers to help put away groceries, to help with dinner, and she's just nice company to have around.

My SS is 11. He's into hiding out in his room and has to be nagged to help with stuff. We don't ask too much of the skids other than keeping their rooms and their bathroom clean/neat, and cleaning up after themselves. SS is a sweet kid but really is a momma's boy and wolf probably rather stay with her if given the choice.
Dinimon
by NoName on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great. This is a good post.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Highfive. Pretty awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)