Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told the teacher I did not care about my son being in trouble

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
  • 43 Replies
My son that is gifted and makes really good grades and is a serious dancer and is like all around model kid-got in trouble at school. Because apparently two other boys were passing notes back and forth to each other and it fell into my son's lap while they were trying to toss it back and forth to each other. My son was I guess in the middle between them. My son looked at it and saw it was for the other kid and handed it to that kid.

The teacher saw and got mad and punished all three kids-the two boys passing/throwing notes back and forth and my DS for handing it to them when it landed in his lap.

My son got mad because he really was not involved. I told him when he told me about it to just suck it up and take the missed recess but I do side with him that he was not involved and he did nothing wrong and the teacher was wrong.

The teacher ended up sending home a little discipline sheet about it for me to sign and I signed it but also wrote a little note back saying "This is not something I feel as my son doing anything wrong. It was the other boys passing notes and my son got caught in the middle."

So whatever, not a big deal but in the grand scheme of things with my other son having autism and having much much much bigger things going on discipline wise-this is so small potatoes I can't even with this.

by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you handled it just fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Explain how he wasn't involved, when he passed the note to who it belonged to.
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
what should he have done? It fell in his lap. If he knocked it off in the floor, that is littering. If he turns it in to the teacher he just became the class narc and the other kids will retaliate against him.

Hell he did what I would have done and I am an adult-I would have just handed it to him to get it out of my personal space.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Explain how he wasn't involved, when he passed the note to who it belonged to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Something similar happened with my son this week.  The teacher was expecting me to get on to him and that didn't happen once I got the whole story.  She got a little pissy but was smart enough to drop it.  I have a feeling I'll be having it out with her later on.  Everything about her is "I'm a coach's wife and I can do whatever I want".  That's not something I tend to put with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting redbottoms: what should he have done? It fell in his lap. If he knocked it off in the floor, that is littering. If he turns it in to the teacher he just became the class narc and the other kids will retaliate against him.

Hell he did what I would have done and I am an adult-I would have just handed it to him to get it out of my personal space.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Explain how he wasn't involved, when he passed the note to who it belonged to.

Not that you answeres my question, but he could have put it on his deak and given it to the kid when class was over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:17 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sounds like you handled it just fine.

redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
That would still be him being involved to hand it to the kid after class. The point is they forced him into having no choice but to somehow be involved when he was minding his own business doing his work. So I stand by he did nothing wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 2:
Quoting redbottoms: what should he have done? It fell in his lap. If he knocked it off in the floor, that is littering. If he turns it in to the teacher he just became the class narc and the other kids will retaliate against him.

Not that you answeres my question, but he could have put it on his deak and given it to the kid when class was over.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:20 AM

He still passed the note in class. He was wrong.

redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:22 AM
what would you have done then? He would also be breaking a rule to hold onto the note as well since you are not supposed to have notes period. He was in a lose/lose/lose situation

Quoting alexmom529:

He still passed the note in class. He was wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
You weren't in the class and have no idea how involved your son was. Your note to the teacher was unnecessary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)