Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red flag?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I am going out of town with my bf and his family this weekend while dd is at her dads. The only issue is I have to work tonight and when I get off I have drive 45 min hime to get dd then another hour to meet her dad and an hour back home. So everyone is waiting on me to get home to start the trip.

I mentioned to bf if he would just pick up dd from daycare and bring her to me at work that would save me a ton of time and we could get on the road sooner. He said "I don't pick up kids from daycare. " Whatever, not a big deal, but I told him if he isn't willing to help he can't say anything about everyone waiting on me. he said ok (and btw her dad will NOT come pick her up I've tried).

Anyways, I was talking to some co workers and they asked me why cant bf pick up dd and I told them what he said, they all said I need to leave him now and thats a huge red flag.

I dont see it as a big deal. Its an annoyance right now but whatever. I don't expect people to dp things for me. and while he and dd get along they've never been alone. I'm not going to fault him for not being comfortable with it (he doesn't have kids)
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM
Maybe he has a past where he got into trouble with a
Minor?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am going out of town with my bf and his family this weekend while dd is at her dads. The only issue is I have to work tonight and when I get off I have drive 45 min hime to get dd then another hour to meet her dad and an hour back home. So everyone is waiting on me to get home to start the trip.

I mentioned to bf if he would just pick up dd from daycare and bring her to me at work that would save me a ton of time and we could get on the road sooner. He said "I don't pick up kids from daycare. " Whatever, not a big deal, but I told him if he isn't willing to help he can't say anything about everyone waiting on me. he said ok (and btw her dad will NOT come pick her up I've tried).

Anyways, I was talking to some co workers and they asked me why cant bf pick up dd and I told them what he said, they all said I need to leave him now and thats a huge red flag.

I dont see it as a big deal. Its an annoyance right now but whatever. I don't expect people to dp things for me. and while he and dd get along they've never been alone. I'm not going to fault him for not being comfortable with it (he doesn't have kids)
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM
How long have you been with him? Men these days need to protect themselves. Women with children can be bat shit as much as a my other broad. And glass accusations even if proven false stick with you
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM

I fail to see why they think it's a red flag?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Red flag for what? Abuse? Not from this post.
It looks like something's being left out though.
Is that ALL he said?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:39 PM
I'm thinking OP is leaving out something. Maybe other stuff he may have said along with No.

Quoting cutebaby06:

I fail to see why they think it's a red flag?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It's annoying and comes across like a fru fru housewife saying that she doesn't do windows, but it isn't necessarily a red flag. If you're cool with him being completely hands off and never helping in any way ever when it comes to your kid, more power to you. Some people like and want that.
Meepandstitch2
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:41 PM

Red flag that he can't help out. Expect more of this if you get married

Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:41 PM
Eh, I don't see it as a red flag. It's definitely making things inconvenient for you. I don't understand why he wont pick her up? I don't pick up kids from daycare. What kind of bullshit is that?
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM

If your boyfriend isn't on the approved pick-up list, the daycare wouldn't be able to release your kid to him anyway, right?

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:43 PM

sounds like a red flag to me, if he isnt willing to help you out with it now he wont be any help if you get married. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)