Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you able to leave money lying around the house

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM
  • 39 Replies
and not worry about anyone touching it that it isn't intended for or do you have to keep it put away for fear that someone may take it?

I've noticed that my kids will sometimes leave money on a table or desk and it will just sit for days on end. No one will touch it if it isn't theirs. I'm a little surprised the kids trust each other that much.

I don't leave money around, but I know no one would touch it if I did.
by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rg41907
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I wouldn't be concerned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I could but I don't. I'd worry someone would break in and take it. It's not he people in the house I'm worried about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot leave money laying around because my husband will take it for himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM
No, but my kids are little, they don't understand money yet, but it's shiny and goes in their cash register lol. They prefer coins.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM
I have trust that it would still be there if I did leave it out, however I still feel better with my purse locked in my room.
K3412
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:44 PM
This. It's just unwise to leave money out.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I have trust that it would still be there if I did leave it out, however I still feel better with my purse locked in my room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as no one from outside the home is in my house, I can leave money laying around and not worry about it. I don't trust people who don't live in my home, so I don't leave it laying if I think that there will be company.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:45 PM
We could but we don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Yes I do.  I've done it for years.  My brother used to come over and tell me repeatedly put your money away before one of these kids takes it.   I never  did and have never had money come up missing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:46 PM
No my 1 year old thinks it's funny to stick paper in the a.c. intake in the hallway and hear it flap around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)