Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are getting divorced because he hit me but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
He is trying to talk me into staying with him and it's really starting to work. I know I can't stay with him because it's not safe for me and my children. However at the same time I don't want to break up our family. Please give me advice on which I should do. Thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:30 PM
8 moms liked this

You don't want your kids growing up in that environment.  You don't ever want them to think it's okay for a spouse to abuse the other.  If you go back that is what you will show them.  Do you really want your kids growing up in an abusive environment?  No, you do not.

Ash452345
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Is this the first time he hit you?? Word of advice, with my ex, he called me names and we got into a huge fight, he said he wouldn't do it ever again and he always did after that.. once they hit you, it's the same concept. Your husband will think he can always get away with it. I mean you could stay and tell him if it happens one more time then you're leaving. But you really have to leave if he does it again...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
LEAVE
LEAVE
LEAVE
LEAVE
LEAVE
LEAVE!!!!!!
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:37 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You don't want your kids growing up in that environment.  You don't ever want them to think it's okay for a spouse to abuse the other.  If you go back that is what you will show them.  Do you really want your kids growing up in an abusive environment?  No, you do not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:40 PM
How many times has he hit you and how severe was it?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:41 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

osubaby1990
by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:41 PM

as someone who has buried one to many people who chose to stay. don't stay. it's not fair to you or your children to be in that toxic environment.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That's just too vague a post to even offer advice, there's too many variables. Good luck....
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Wtf?

Quoting Dzyre1115: That's just too vague a post to even offer advice, there's too many variables. Good luck....

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:44 PM
This. Think of your kids.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)