Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We found our dream home but his kids hate it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 453 Replies
1 mom liked this
They are trying to talk my boyfriend out of buying it. We have been looking forever. It's perfect. It's got some land. It's outside of town instead of in town. It's adorable. And it's affordable. We want to out in an offer tomorrow but the kids are ruining it. This was such a great moment. We were so excited to show them and they are being horrible.

Their complaints? It's outside of town so further from their school and their friends and their Mom (which is a bonus in my mind but whatever) and their rooms would be smaller and on the same floor as my daughter's room but on the master is on the first floor and very seperated from them.

They are begging their dad not to buy it. If he caves in going to lose my shit on him.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:45 PM
How often are his kids there? Why is being further from their mother a bonus? I'm give minutes from my ex husband and it's great for our daughter. It makes her life way easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:45 PM
13 moms liked this
They can suck it up. I know people will say you shouldn't get the house JUST because you're the girlfriend and they're not your kids, but nobody would let their own kids dictate this decision so the same goes for them.
Ash452345
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM
7 moms liked this
Are they buying the house? I didn't think so.. I'd tell them to stop complaining and be grateful for what they have. Hopefully your boyfriend doesn't cave. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM
Being further from their Mom is a bonus because the further away from us she is the better. I can't stand the woman and I hate running into her places. They are with us every other week.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How often are his kids there? Why is being further from their mother a bonus? I'm give minutes from my ex husband and it's great for our daughter. It makes her life way easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this
They're entitled to their opinions on it. You have to deal with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
He's pissed about their lousy attitudes so I don't think he's going to give in.

Quoting Ash452345: Are they buying the house? I didn't think so.. I'd tell them to stop complaining and be grateful for what they have. Hopefully your boyfriend doesn't cave. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM
6 moms liked this
Your feelings are not relevant. What matters is what is best for the kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Being further from their Mom is a bonus because the further away from us she is the better. I can't stand the woman and I hate running into her places. They are with us every other week.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How often are his kids there? Why is being further from their mother a bonus? I'm give minutes from my ex husband and it's great for our daughter. It makes her life way easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM
They can think whatever they want but they aren't getting a say and they need to just suck it up and shut their mouths.

Quoting Anonymous 4: They're entitled to their opinions on it. You have to deal with that.
Ash452345
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM
Good (:

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's pissed about their lousy attitudes so I don't think he's going to give in.

Quoting Ash452345: Are they buying the house? I didn't think so.. I'd tell them to stop complaining and be grateful for what they have. Hopefully your boyfriend doesn't cave. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 3:49 PM
33 moms liked this
You shouldn't buy houses with boyfriends. That's for married people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)