Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He asked me to stay home !

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 168 Replies
I'm so pissed right now . I had a baby girl 5 months ago . Up until I had her I worked . When it was time to go back dh asked me to stay home because he didn't want DD in a day care facility . Ok at first everything was ok until I asked him for some money to buy pants, and diapers when I was 2 months pp . He told me to lose weight if I wanted pants that fit me ... I changed my eating habits and began to work on that . Any who he'd get mad if I asked for money for food or other Essentials ( soap , deodorant, toilet paper ) basically anything I wanted he gets stuff for himself, DD and pays the bills , but anything for me is a freaking nightmare! Today I started my period for the first time after I had DD . Of course I asked (through text)him if I could have like 10 bucks for tampons and he was like we have toilet paper use that ! I called my sister because I was so mad and of course she purchases the tampons . She said she was concerned because it seem like these incidents are frequently happening and that ,this situation is abusive .. I'm not sure if this is abuse or not, but I did tell her that I missed my job at the nursing home and that I'd love to go back so I wouldn't have to deal with this any longer .. she said she'd be willing to watch DD and I was like really and she said yes so I put in my app online and townarrow I'm calling hr! I told my dh this and he freaked out calling me names and said he was leaving for the night didn't even ask about the baby . Idk what to do he asked for this arrangement , and now all he dose is bitch and moan when I ask for a necessity ...
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:26 PM
19 moms liked this
That's financial abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't back down
Swan77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this
He sounds controlling. Doesnt sound like a healthy relationship
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:29 PM
11 moms liked this

Yes..that is a form of abuse. He is trying to control you by withholding finances.. heck, he even denied you freaking tampons! That is unacceptable. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a stay-at-home mom and I love it but there's no way I would be okay with this kind of arrangement.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Yes, it is abuse. I'm a sahm and dh encourages me to buy stuff for myself. I have full access to the money.

I'm sorry you're going through this, sounds like a nightmare
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
File for divorce when you can. Try to get you and your daughter out of that situation as fast as possible. He sounds unstable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

He did it to control you. Dont let him. Take control of yourself and tell him to get the fuck over himself or you're gone. Good luck!

rebeccasmommy09
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:31 PM
Definitely not healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
U should go back to work then leave his ass. That's fucked up. Also tell him if he doesn't start helping u with the things u need u will be leaving and taking ur kid with u.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)