Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be out of line to ask if my dd could be in the wedding party?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I have 6 daughters. They are 22, 20, 18, 9, 4, and 2.

My oldest 3 were asked to be bridesmaids and my youngest 2 were asked to be the flower girls. The wedding is for my niece. She's an only child and lost her dad at age 7 so she spent a lot of time with us growing up. She is very close to my older daughters.

I know life isn't always fair but I feel bad that my 9 yo is left out. I know she's at an awkward age in between bridesmaid and flower girl but even the best kids can feel left out sometimes. All of my other girls are getting to try on dresses and be a part of the wedding while one kid just gets to watch all of it.

Would it be out of line to ask her if dd could be a flower gir? I will pay for the dress if she says yes(her mom is paying for the other 2) and any gifts or dinners they do. I just want don't want dd left out.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.oOPoisonOo.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Entitled much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
When I read your title I thought "no don't do that!" But to leave out just one kid is really crappy of her. Maybe ask about a junior bridesmaid?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:29 PM
I don't think she is entitled to a spot. It is just a question.

Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Entitled much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Completely out of line!! No one is owned a part in any wedding party. You are being very entitled and selfish right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe she can hand out programs and rice at the end. I don't know how I feel about asking directly though. That doesn't seem right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Also, what are your kids names? I'm about to have my 4th girl and we can't decide on a name!
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it would be out of line. You don't ask if your kid can be in someone's wedding. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:31 PM
I thought about that but I think that would mean they need another grooms man to walk down with her. I mean, of course you don't have to but I don't want to throw off the "image" she might have going for the adults. Flower girls are little more "flexible" with how they walk out. Especially since my 2 year old will be one of them. No telling how she will walk down the aisle. This is her first gig lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: When I read your title I thought "no don't do that!" But to leave out just one kid is really crappy of her. Maybe ask about a junior bridesmaid?
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:31 PM
yes it absolutely would be out of line. The fact is you ( or your older daughters) should be paying for the dresses anyway so the fact that you're offering to pay for her dress isn't saying very much. She's the perfect age for a junior bridesmaid but again it's not your place to suggest it
.oOPoisonOo.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:32 PM

Okay, don't ask it. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't think she is entitled to a spot. It is just a question.
Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Entitled much?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)