Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family themed costumes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Every year, we go as  a theme for halloween. 1 year we went as super heroes. DH was a cop, I went as a military, ds went as superman, and the dog was a K9 search & rescue but has since retired. 

Another year, DH and I went as Lightning mcqueen's pit crew, ds went as lightning mcqueen. 

So now DS is 3 years old and he's excited for another year of dressing up together. We're doing starwars. I'm going as a storm trooper, ds is going as darth vader, and dh as chewbacca. 

I'm just curious as to how do others feel about families that dress up together? Is it something you frown upon when they show up at your door or do you find the humor in it as intended? No we do not come with extra buckets for candy. DS has his bucket and we're just tagging along. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strangeyfine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:18 PM
What is there to frown upon? I think it's fun.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:18 PM

it's adorable! halloween is a fun holiday, and anyone who gets grumpy about it needs to be sprayed with a garden hose. extra points if it gets in their ear.

you do you, boo.

diaperstodating
by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:19 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM

I agree, it's fun. However I know people who think dh and I are being childish and say it's a holiday meant for kids. Well, my son IS a kid. He's technically still a toddler and these are the memories we're going to look back on in pictures. I want them to be positive. 

Quoting AngryBob:

it's adorable! halloween is a fun holiday, and anyone who gets grumpy about it needs to be sprayed with a garden hose. extra points if it gets in their ear.

you do you, boo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM
I think it sounds fun. I'm too lazy to dress up lol. We are all considering doing a zombie family this year though. Even if we don't DS 22 months will be a zombie.
Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:23 PM
I think it's cute and fun, and I like seeing them, but it's not for us. I don't want the kids to feel restricted in what they get to dress up as because it has to fit in that year's "theme." Plus between the 4 of us I'm sure we wouldn't be able to agree on one lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:25 PM
We have 2 dds. One year DDs and I were bees and DH was a bee keeper.
Another year DDs and I were powerpuff girls and DH was Professor Utonium.
Last year DH was a ball of yarn and we were cats.

I love family costumes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:25 PM

Well first year, we picked it. 2nd year, we went off something ds loved (lightening mcqueen was all the rage for him). This year, he wanted to be darth vader so we planned our costumes around his. I don't think he would feel restricted, we're just following his lead. 

Quoting Summerlion1123: I think it's cute and fun, and I like seeing them, but it's not for us. I don't want the kids to feel restricted in what they get to dress up as because it has to fit in that year's "theme." Plus between the 4 of us I'm sure we wouldn't be able to agree on one lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:26 PM

all of those sound awesome! Any ideas what you're doing this year?

Quoting Anonymous 3: We have 2 dds. One year DDs and I were bees and DH was a bee keeper. Another year DDs and I were powerpuff girls and DH was Professor Utonium. Last year DH was a ball of yarn and we were cats. I love family costumes.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:27 PM
We do themes every year. We've been Princess Peach and Mario, rock/paper/scissors, the insurance spokespeople (Flo, Mayhem, Geico gecko), Dorothy/scarecrow/tin man/cowardly lion, Doctor Who/Dalek/Clara, knight/horse/princess/dragon, and this year we are doing Count Olaf and the Beaudelaires.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)